Menu
Dawndrifter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Neighbours flat, not 6 inches away, is supplied, but not me!?! SOMEONE HELP!

I am hitting my head against a brick wall. I have bought a flat and am an owner of the management company for said flats (two flats on first floor and two on ground). My flat is on the first floor and accessible with a step ladder. at most, so height is no problem. The flat to my right and the flat below are supplied but I cannot get through to anyone who will send someone out to confirm that Virgin CAN actually supply my flat too.

Sky have no problem running cables across the front of the building on my say so, and indeed did so for previous owners, but Virgin won't help me with this matter. I am on a 'list' for news and updates, but have been for 6 months and still no contact from them! This is absurd and I am tired of hearing the same incorrect data from them and need to know where to go next to escalate this nonsense - Can anybody please help and provide me with a direction that doesn't include being ticket number 1 million on a never ending spreadsheet that they may or may not eventually look into.

Thank all!

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbours flat, not 6 inches away, is supplied, but not me!?! SOMEONE HELP!

Hi there,

Happy to assist you with this, I'll pop you a private message to take some personal details and see what what can do to help.

Thanks for your post on the VM Community.

Keep an eye on the purple envelope in the top right hand corner.

Christy D

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Dawndrifter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbours flat, not 6 inches away, is supplied, but not me!?! SOMEONE HELP!

Hi all - I see this has been read a few times so updating as we go so you know how this plays out - Christy got in touch and we have had a few rapid messages back and forward and this is currently looking quite positive. I'll update here as we go along. Bye all!

0 Kudos
Dawndrifter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wow! Update numero 3... I had a call yesterday from someone who seemed helpful but the line went dead mid-conversation. I couldn't call the number back and he didn't try to get back in touch with me, which was weird, but I had my fingers crossed that perhaps something bad had occurred and that he would still be pulling levers and flipping switches behind the scenes. Perhaps he did, or perhaps it was Christy helping again after I dropped her a mail to explain what occurred? Either way, I've just had a call from Carl (a living breathing walking legend) who gave me his direct contact number, did research into my property, took all my info and details for a new contract and is arranging for someone to fix this issue and get my property added to the system.

Now, I will update here again as we go through, but I am hopeful that within 21 days I could be connected to Virgin at a previously 'we cannot supply your property' address. Virgin do provide the best service in my long experience and if I'd had to go for an alternative, I would have been crying for the duration of my miserable contract until I could have fixed this problem and made it back to Virgin, but the clouds are clearing and I think I'll be connected with Virgin by early Nov 2020. I know that there are often technical restrictions that prevent Virgin from reaching certain properties, so your experience may vary, but in this case, the property should have been displayed on their system as a property they could supply and they so far seem to be helpful and up for correcting it and fitting the service for me - As I say, I'll keep you informed and really hope this goes through smoothly and I don't have to delete my happy words, here. Watch this space and always know... where there's a Carl, there's way - never lose hope!

Shout out to Christy D and Carl. Chuck 'em a bonus VM! If you have a problem, send it to Christy and if we can get enough work going that way, perhaps Virgin will get her a team of assistants and upgrade her to the corner office she deserves! 😉

Melissa_F
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dawndrifter,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

It sounds like you've been getting all the help you need from Christy and Carl, that's great to hear 🙂

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Very Glad to hear that its all going smoothly!

I will always help where I can. If you need any further assistance with anything else then please don't hesitate to drop me another message.

Thanks again

Christy

🙂

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

devang
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Team

I have same issue - flat on ground floor has VM but we are on first floor and it says that service not available. We have a private entrance on ground floor itself - so surely a router can be installed in our staircase.

Would appreciate if someone can look into it.

Thanks

Devang

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello devang

I am happy to take a look for you 

It may be delayed due to the current pandeminc and New Year fast approaching 

But if you check your private message that would be great 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello devang

Sadly we have no plans for new customer in the area 

We have reached our full capacity at the moment

Gareth_L

0 Kudos