Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Need to upgrade broadband so can work from home

Hi,

I currently have a capped broadband deal but need to upgrade so I can work from home. Tried to do this online but got ‘Oops! Something went wrong’ Then used live chat which told me to call. Called and got automated suggestion I upgraded online! Now on indefinite hold. Is there any other way to do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to upgrade broadband so can work from home

This can only be done manually by a CS agent. This INCLUDES online upgrades. Currently VMs call centre capacity is down by 50% due to the major offshore centres being offline, so its just a case of waiting.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, back to the waiting game then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well after 51 minutes on hold Virgin media cleared the call! I know I’m not the only person in this position and other providers, Plusnet for one, are making all contracts uncapped temporarily. If Virgin media did this as well it would free up the call centres for people with other problems and save some of their customers from worrying about the additional charges they are going to be running up because they are unable to contact anyone at Virgin Media. They have already extended the data allowance for their mobile customers. Just a thought. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep this is annoying, I fully understand what's going on and i'm happy to wait, but waiting over an hour then getting cut off is very frustrating
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update. Today I received a letter saying they have removed the cap from my account from the 23rd March. This is great news but it would have been great if they could have emailed or update my account page (which still shows a cap) to let me know instead. Saving me from wasting my time trying, unsuccessfully, to contact them and maybe delaying other people from getting through to the call centre. Hopefully people in a similar position will also receive a letter soon.