cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to talk to a Uk call centre

Thesaint1967
On our wavelength

Hi 

My current deal is to expire.  i have tried to speak to retentions team but they are unable to help .I want to speak to a U.K call centre as find it difficult in getting my point across. 

Thanks

Anthony Knowles-Carney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Thesaint1967 

All of the calls via 150 or  0345 454 1111 go through the same IVR and the first available agent answers the call irrespective of where they are located.

The majority, if not all of the retentions team are UK based, so perhaps you spoke to offshore and where not transferred directly to retentions (options 1,1,4 and 4 if calling 150 from your VM landline)

I don't know if the number on the price rise web page(info below)  puts you into a direct queue to retentions (thinking of leaving us) but you can try it instead of 150.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/PriceChange2022/Broadband 

What happens next?

We hope you’ll carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you decide not to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before the date stated on your email or letter, without paying any cancellation fees.
Simply call us on 0800 052 2001.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Thesaint1967 

All of the calls via 150 or  0345 454 1111 go through the same IVR and the first available agent answers the call irrespective of where they are located.

The majority, if not all of the retentions team are UK based, so perhaps you spoke to offshore and where not transferred directly to retentions (options 1,1,4 and 4 if calling 150 from your VM landline)

I don't know if the number on the price rise web page(info below)  puts you into a direct queue to retentions (thinking of leaving us) but you can try it instead of 150.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/PriceChange2022/Broadband 

What happens next?

We hope you’ll carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you decide not to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before the date stated on your email or letter, without paying any cancellation fees.
Simply call us on 0800 052 2001.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Thesaint1967,

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with reaching our team I know this must be frustrating, we cannot make package changes or offer new deals from here. I would suggest following @newapollo's advice.

Zoie

Number does not work

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ro811 

There's no guarantee that you'll get a UK call centre, however 150 from a VM phone or  0345 454 1111 from any other phone still work.

You have more chance of speaking to a UK operative if you call around 8am, plus the call queue is generally shorter at that time.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

I think its time to say goodbye to Virgin.........

Hey @Ro811, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are struggling to get through to us.

Unfortunately we don't deal with package changes on the community. 

However has mentioned by some members they have given a number which you could try.

We do have contact centres all around the world in order to help our customers. 

You can also look at deals your self by going into this link

I hope this does help. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

We have moved on several months and still there is the problem of not being able to speak to a call centre within the UK.

This is dispite a reference made by Virgin Media before it merged with O2 that they would be returning call centres to the UK.

However, I tried so many time today 02 March 2023 to contact a UK call centre.

I managed it but I then required to contact a Virgin Mobile (which ceases as from end March 2023 and becomes O2 Mobile), this proved totally impossible even with the call centre in the Phililipines stating that the call centre coverage was 60% in the UK.

I have a hearing problem and I cannot understand the accents of the call centres abroad, however dispite this they still telephoned me back to try and find out what my problem was, ignoring when I stated my request to speak to someone in the UK the person just passed me to another overseas person, which in some cases I was informed "I am speaking the english good like you". Err sorry no you are not.

I do not want to keep repeating myself over and over just to get a further response of "I is not understand what you asking"

How the h£!! do we get to speak someone who speaks english and understands our requests?

Hi @Safron6,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you've not had a great experience when speaking with the team recently. We do have call centres based in the UK and some offshore too, but there's no direct number to a specific call centre for anyone to pass you on to. When you call you'll be passed on to the next available agent in the department you're connecting to, and they are capable of assisting you regardless of their location.

If you can advise of the reason for your calls and what you need help with, we may be able to assist you from here on the community forums instead.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Safron6
On our wavelength

Hi Zach

Thanks for the reply.

I've now followed my nose by giving up with regards to Virgin Mobile that will have been and I am now in the process of moving to a new mobile provider.

I did give it a one last ditch attempt of trying to speak to someone in the UK but after being lied to, yes lied to by a customer representative who informed me in her words  "Virgin no longer have any call centres in the UK so you can can't be transferred and it would be a waste of your time trying to ring again as you will only get one of my workmates here."

I told her I didn't like to be lied to so it is Virgins loss not mine.

I have requested and recieved my PAC which took all of 30 seconds to get and have passed this on to my new provider, who has informed me that my number will be fully activated with them by the time I recieve my mobile phone delivery tomorrow.

So having changed my Virgin Media package for a better deal i will now be looking at whether I can get a better TV/Broadband deal with another supplier also.

If only someone in the one of UK call centres had answered, but that is water under the bridge.