Menu
campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 121 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW BUILD CONNECTION

Hi

Please PM me the full address and I will take a look. 

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 122 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lucy20202,

As it's a new build development, the team with the most knowledge would be the National Home Builders team.

You can reach them on 08000737100 and they would have access to the most up-to-date information regarding any agreements with contractors etc.

Or you can wait and see if a member of Forum Staff pick this up, but it may be a day or two.

I hope you'll be happy in your new home.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
GraemeMcKenna
Tuning in
Message 123 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Hoping someone can help me out with regards to new build.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a new build David Wilson property that is pre-wired for Virgin Media. The property is the middle house of a block of 3. The property either side already have Virgin Media services installed.

I want to place an order for services, but online all I get is a form to provide details and a colleague from the New Homes Team has been in touch, however if I order from through him then I am not able to take advantage of offers such as the current £450 headphones or £200 bill credit. This ends tomorrow and he says that he can’t provide this incentive. Any way to make my new property serviceable so I can order online?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 124 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Direct sales over the phone don't have the same access to online deals unfortunately.

I'll send you a private message to take a few details to look at your address regarding release date etc. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
patrickf2
Settling in
Message 125 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I moved into a new apartment building on Thursday with Virgin Media already installed and prepaid for. I signed up using the Virgin Media Partners portal on Thursday, but my service still hasn't been activated, despite the website saying it would be done by Sunday (yesterday). I am working from home from today and need a stable broadband connection.

Could someone please look into this for me and get my broadband service activated? I have an order reference number if needed.

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 126 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Happy to take a look into this for you.

I'll pop you a private message to see whats going on here and take some details.

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
KyotoRevolver
Joining in
Message 127 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'm in the process of moving into a property which has not had coaxial cable threaded to the front entrace (there's no "CATV" section in the pavement in front of the property either). I've subscribed to the M500 Fibre Broadband package, and an installation (with two engineers) was scheduled for Wednesday, 11 November. However, I've received a text message stating:

Hi, it's Virgin Media. Unfortunately your installation is on hold due to extra work outside being required to complete your install - we're really sorry about that. If you'd like to know more, reply CHAT to start texting with us. Thanks.

I exchanged messages with an assistant, but was informed that there was no date or further information available on this. Please could I receive assistance with this? I don't have any internet access and am working off tethering my cellular telephone.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 128 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The reason why you do not have a date for the work to be done is that VM will need permission from the local council to do work on the street and this process in itself can take normally 6-8 weeks before the permission is granted and then the work can be arranged.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

KyotoRevolver
Joining in
Message 129 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, DJ_Shadow1966.

i actually had the initial site survey carried out on Friday, 2 October, and the individual carrying out the site survey noted that roadworks would likely be required and that his line manager agreed that this could be carried out via the suitable channels. Understood entirely that this is also determined by the LBC.

Due to the lead timeframe, I thought that this installation date of Wednesday, 11 November had factored this in.

Is it possible to receive further information on the status of this (e.g. is the application for a roadworks licence submitted, etc.)?

Thank you again for any help on this.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 130 of 250
Flag for a moderator

Hi KyotoRevolver, 

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your install, I hope you're enjoying your new home? 

Is there any further information that you can give us about your move to this new address? 

Have you spoken with our installs team about this yet? If so, please let me know what they have mentioned so far. 

Thanks so much, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos