Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 31 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: My neighbours have Virgin Media but I can't get it. WHY?

Hi Rav79, 

You can call our sales team on 0800 183 1234, they'll be able to send out spotters to your address who will make a report. 

Let us know how you get on.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 32 of 42
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had this issue. apparently although neighbours are connected there's a limited supply from virgin junction box on your street. if you try calling and request a spotter he may find a way to help! mine did after me begging him, he eventually pulled a cable through. road was closed for several days and it took months (council has to agree to road closure) but all got sorted. 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 33 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. My flat next to the one I am moving in they can  have vm and the one above as well. But apparently I can not. The person i spoke on the phone she said that i can not have your service and she just went straight forward cancel my contract with out asking me and with out taking any permission. ( not even tried to explain or see if there is anything could be done ) I was like what was that ? I would like to find some help as well cos I am already a costumer and I really dont want to cancel my contract as the person on the phone was willing to do with out any question. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kyriakidis, 

I am sorry you're in this predicament, I can understand why you're so concerned about this. 

I am afraid the agent is correct, however I think they could have explained it a little more subtly. If the area you're moving into isn't serviceable I am afraid we won't be able to offer services there. I know its not what you would have wanted however we won't be able to send engineers out to build the connections just for that property. A wide variety of construction needs to take place which we won't be able to facilitate. The best thing we can do is send off your details on the Cable My Street form and advise you to contact the movers team so they can give you further advice. You can contact them on 0345 454 1111 choose option 1, 4 then 3. 

I am sorry we cannot be of any further assistance in this instance. 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 35 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan and thanks for the quick reply but it feels like an automated message or you didnt read my full comment or I didnt explain correctly. I dont know how you know in which part of England I am moving in. I dont know how you know that my area isn't serviceable as my understanding or area is the post code, the street or in much smaller case the building. I dont understand as well how my flat that is 2 feet away from the other flat that CAN have your service and how the flat on the above floor CAN have your service and my flat CAN NOT ( and this is my point of my area is not serviceable). It will be reasonable to  ask for a professional technician to be booked come look what is going on and have a proper look ? As I saw on previous post it has been offer a "spotter" if I am correct?

Kind regards

Kyriakidis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 36 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kyriakidis

I can appreciate you really want our services and the fact your neighbour has it probably frustrates you as we are saying you cannot have it, If our website says you cannot

virg.in/tracker Another option would be to call our sales team on 08001831234 explain the situation and I am sure they can offer more clarity on this for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 37 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Another amazing reply. Thank you guys. Really tried to helped me there by asking me more details and getting into depth about my problem. Great costumer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 38 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry you feel that way, We are limited in the information we have / can get from here on the community forums unfortunately. The sales team can certainly offer more information on this.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 39 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Yes I seem to have this problem too. I am in the middle of two neighbours that can have it but I can’t. This isn’t right at all. Can this be checked for me please ??

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 40 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I've had no update or response on mine. I have 7 neighbours ready to order. virgin aren't interested. 

I've cancelled 4 virgin mobile contracts out of principle and moved to sky mobile

Really disappointed that virgin did not bother to contact me

0 Kudos