cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media authentication issues

ModTeam

Hello, 

We're aware of some customers being unable to sign into their online account and access features such as email. 

We have raised this fault under reference F008774076.

We will keep this thread updated. 

Many thanks, 

Your Community Moderators

49 REPLIES 49

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

As above.

Trying to log into mail, get the 'waiting for aouth.virgin.media.com' and nothing else?

Tried the 'forgotten password' but after entering requested info, including new password, I just get returned to the original login??

Help needed from mods please"!!

Possible account hacked or locked??

So now getting an error 403 (forbidden) from 'aouth.virginmedia.com' ??

Anybody able to flag for a mod for me please?

We have exactly the same problem today, and are also unable to access our virgin account.

Yes, we are having exactly the same problem today.  At the top it says oauth.virginmedia.com and the page says "hmmmm..Can't reach this page, connection was reset"

Hi, yes we are also having the same problem , the oauth that comes up in the address is when Virgin give  engineer/ third party access to  carry out works, so there are definitely works being carried out, and yet status shows there is only problems for people with TV, Broadband is showing as having no problems ? But I've had this out with Virgin before and they say email is part of  a package, you can use another email you don't have to use their one and the internet/broadband still works and that's what you're paying for not the email part. It's so frustrating when you're working from home and everything and everyone is on this email. The approx time for TV fix is Feb1st at 4 o'clock, i'm just hoping they DO aknowledge the email is down for people and that it gets fixed before then? 

Just checked, and can't access VM main account either. so unable to do a status check even!!..still get the same message for accounts as well as e-mail??

Mods, please look into this as a matter of urgency, as this now seems to be spreading...

Thsis error message. I noticed an email on my phone app heading Auto-renewal followed by a long ID reference. It did not open

On my laptop when launching email I get this message

An error occurred during a connection to oauth.virginmedia.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I raised this behind the scenes and have been told that the issue is currently under investigation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham_A,

Thanks for that, assume then that it's not a 'hacked account' problem (Google states all my passwords are secure) and is more a 'backend' problem

Hopefully it will get sorted soon, as waiting for important news on e-mails....