cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

conman33158
Super solver

Just a quick question guys, when moving home do you take the hub you already have to the new address or does that get sent back and a new hub supplied?

Cheers

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi conman33158,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, when you move depending on what equipment you have this is usually taken with you yes, our movers team will be able to advise further, you can find out more around moving your services to a new address here.

Regards

Paul. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi conman33158,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, when you move depending on what equipment you have this is usually taken with you yes, our movers team will be able to advise further, you can find out more around moving your services to a new address here.

Regards

Paul. 

Cheers Paul, some conflicting info as the site says we use the old equipment and the guy we talked to on the phone said the engineer will bring a new hub and take the old one with them. I guess we will find out on Saturday...lol.

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup

Hi conman33158,

It will depend on the package you are taking and which equipment you currently have.

Regards

Paul.

Everything staying the same, so I'm guessing they'll just use the old hub 🙂

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Conman33158, thanks for the update and for confirming this.

Even if you weren't sure we'd surely suggest to take the equipment with you to the new property anyway, so in case it's to be replaced our staff can also pick it up straight away upon the install visit. 🙂

Keep us posted on how things go and we'll be happy to help if any issues occur.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The install is on hold now anyway as the Virgin Engineer came this morning and said they have not put the fibre cable in from the outside, he rang in and apparently there is a blockage in the duct to get the fibre cable up from the cabinet, they are supposed to come back this afternoon to sort it out, whether that happens is another thing. So still no internet for my friend.

Hi @conman33158 

Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry to hear your friend's installation has been delayed. Has your friend called in to ensure that someone is expected to attend today?  If they need us to take a look on their behalf, please do get back to us.

Regards

Lee_R

The engineer called and said he cannot connect it up as there is no fibre line fitted, he said the duct was blocked 18ft from the cabinet and someone was calling to sort it out. Then a second van arrived a few hours later and said they were only there to blow the line up and failed again due to the blockage and said the outside needs dug up to fix the issue.

I think she is now going to just order BT fibre as it's needed for everyday work and there is too many horror stories on here about people waiting 13 months on getting the same issue resolved. She is my partner and has her own property, I advised her to order BT and she has 14 days cooling off period to cancel, so including the wait for a BT install and 14 days cooling off period it gives Virgin 3-4 weeks to sort it, if they do she can cancel BT, if not then just stay with BT.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @conman33158,

Thanks for the update, we would advise you to keep In touch with the pre installation team, they would be the ones able to give you the most up to date information on the install as it progresses, we do hope we are able to get this sorted quickly for you.

Thanks. Joe