Menu
Malk11
Tuning in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home dilemma.

Yes had to have a good think about this one, been a while since I have had to use MS word docs, found another option that may help other users with similar problems, I found that Google docs will allow editing perfectly, also allows the user to download as a file to desktop, it is cloud based software I believe.

Anyway all sorted and forms are away as I type, thanks for everyones advice.

0 Kudos
Malk11
Tuning in
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Sent the forms and scanned documents off for change of account ownership and have heard nothing since, so this morning I rang Virgin Media to see whats going on, they said nothing has been received and the last contact from me was back in January.

So that is 2 weeks wasted down the line, about to move to a new home where I cannot get any internet/tv/phone until the old account is switched over in 28 days, how can it take 28 days to change a name, the bank details are the same, not happy at all.

On top of a house move I will have this mess to sort out too and having to pay £20 for my inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malk11

We are sorry to hear that this process has been frustrating and we apologise for the inconvenience.

What did our team advise in terms of the documents that were not received?

We'd like to see if there's anything we can do to assist.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Malk11
Tuning in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Oh it gets better, the first set of forms I sent were not received, the second set I sent were received but a character in the password was rejected so now they are sending forms by post!!

Obviously I have all the time in the world to wait, I am currently on the phone on hold atm been passed from pillar to post because they don't seem to understand anything.

All I am asking is to resubmit the same form with an adjusted password that will be accepted, that is it, how difficult can it be?

I will move into my new apartment without tv/internet through waiting on this, which means I will have no choice but to opt for Sky or BT services which are not ideal but  due to needing internet for work purposes I have little choice.

Just seems so frustrating.

0 Kudos
Malk11
Tuning in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for double post,

So just got off the phone after 53 minutes and made 0% progress, was passed from the account transfer team to the moving home team and back again, no one had an answer apart from once the transfer of responsibility is done you can then setup a new account, an hour wasted, I have had it now, not going to call them again, I will fill the forms out when they eventually arrive then return them.

After that I am going to change companies at my new apartment, and suggest my parents do the same, not worth the time and hassle, sorry.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malk11,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're having trying to transfer your account to your parents.

Please update us when the forms arrive and you send them off so we can try and track the progress.

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Malk11
Tuning in
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi, you asked to be updated when I receive the forms ect....

Well I cannot yet as I have yet to receive them, it has been 10 days since I received this email from them: 

Hello  Malcolm,

Thanks for sending back the Transfer of Responsibility form we sent you.

As some sections weren't filled in, we'll need you to fill in the form again, and have sent you a new one which will arrive in the post separately.

Here's what you missed first time:

* Requested password does not meet criteria. Password should Not contain  
  any special character.hence Rejected

When the forms arrive, please fill in all the relevant sections and send it back to us within 7 days to this address:

Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ.

As soon as the form arrives, we'll start working on transferring the services.

So I am unable to return them, I have confirmation that I should get the keys within 2 weeks or at the latest very early July for my new place, it is not as if I left it late to sort this out, 21st of may was when I sent the first completed form, a month ago and how close to sorting is it? no where near is the answer.

Well I am done, not going to ring them again as they have not a got a clue in the call center, I will await the forms if they ever arrive then tbh not even sure what I am going to do, either way I am going to be without tv/internet/phone for a month at least due to incompetent staff that make things as difficult as possible, not quite like what this email said at the top is it:

Hello, 

Thanks for getting in touch about transferring an account. 

We’re going to make everything as easy as possible for you

It's a joke, really is 😞

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malk11, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you have not yet received the forms as promised. This can take anything up to 14 days to receive. 

If you do not receive the forms within the next 14 days, please message me directly and I will arrange to have this matter escalated. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Malk11
Tuning in
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It has now been 16 days since the transfer of responsibility forms were sent to me from Virgin Media and still they have not arrived,  and as of this morning I have 2 new emails saying they are sending out forms to fill in and return, what is going on?

Plus I have had confirmation that I will most likely get the keys to my new home next Tuesday, my only option now is to forget about the transfer of responsibility and move the original bundle over hoping I can reduce the cost to something I can afford, this means my parents will now be without any internet or tv, not what I had intended when I started this mess.

I am just lost for words over how this has been dealt with.

0 Kudos
MartinYNWA
Joining in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

This can be dealt with by the moving homes department.

If you speak to them they can sort you a new package at your new address and also get your parents a new deal at their address.

No need at all to do a TOR and the moving home department can provide you with a new customer deal at your new address also.
0 Kudos