cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from secondary to primary account

roreilly22
Joining in

Hello,

I recently purchased a broadband package using my email address. When it comes to setting up the account, it says that this is a secondary account under my dad’s email address.

Someone on the phone in a very condescending manner told me that it’s “very simple” to register with a new account once I received my broadband, yet I’ve not been able to and nor have  any of the 4 agents I’ve spoke to since. 

I’ve had an IT ticket raised at the start of last week, which has been escalated and it was guaranteed to be resolved by yesterday which it hasn’t. I’ve been passed around all the different departments and no one has been able to help.

Is there anyone who is able to help advise on what to do please?

Many thanks,

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media have stopped the creation of new mailboxes for all accounts (existing mailboxes continue to work), and you can't split or move an existing Virgin Media Mail address from one active account to another.

To register for My Virgin Media for a new account, you'll now need to third party email service like Gmail, Outlook.com etc.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the reply.

If this is the case, I’m happy to do that - not sure why one of the 8 agents I’ve spoken to hasn’t been able to tell me this though.

Also, how do you actually go about this? My issue is that when I go to register it asks what email address I purchased the broadband package with. Because I was not aware of the mess it would’ve created, I purchased it using my email address which is a secondary account. Therefore, I enter my email and then it tells me I can’t do anything else because it’s a secondary account.

Please would you be able to advise?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @roreilly22,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having problems registering to My Virgin Media as you're trying to use a secondary email for a different account. As mentioned by @BenMcr, we wouldn't be able to split or move the existing addresses when both accounts are active.

We can most definitely look into assisting you in gaining access to the My Virgin Media portal, but as mentioned, we would need a 3rd-party email to apply to the account. So I can assist you further, I'm going to drop you a PM.

Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ