cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Properties

Al_54
Joining in

Having informed Virgin that we'd be moving properties in early Sep they arranged for external work to be carried out to connect Virgin to our new Bungalow. Virgin customer services insisted that there was no requirement for anyone to be present.  On moving into our bungalow we noted that the Virgin cable connecting to our external box was exposed and above ground crossing both the front lawn and driveway. The virgin technician who carried out our internal work said he'd seen some external work but this was by far the worse. To make matters worse when our granddaughter visited she tripped over the cable hurting herself. I contacted Virgin explained the issue and they arranged for an engineer to lay the cable correctly. When he arrived he couldn't believe the standard of the work and set about laying the cable under our newly laid lawn making a great deal safer. I thought that would be the end of the matter until I received on my bill for a call out charge of £25.00 for requesting an engineers visit. Since the 8th Oct I have made numerous call to customer service to complain about being charged for arranging for the external work to be made safe and I've spoken to a total of 8 different customer service operatives in the Philippines, South Africa and India. Each time it took me over 30 minutes to explain my case and each time I received little assistance other than your account will be looked into. The customer service in India said you were charged because your cable was stolen from outside your property?? 

Please can anyone explain why I can't speak to anyone in the UK?  3 of the operatives said this is always an issue with people who live in Flats, I said I lived in a bungalow and they said yes that's a flat? I really do despair!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is typical of the offshore call centres & is very poor.

There are a few surviving UK call centres, but you are put through to the next available operator, so you just have to take pot luck. Best time to try is at 8am on a weekday when the UK capacity comes online.

The Forum Team here are very helpful & should be able to look at this for you. They will hopefully respond in a day or so as they work through the oldest posts first. Please do not be tempted to "bump" the thread, as it will put you back down the queue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is typical of the offshore call centres & is very poor.

There are a few surviving UK call centres, but you are put through to the next available operator, so you just have to take pot luck. Best time to try is at 8am on a weekday when the UK capacity comes online.

The Forum Team here are very helpful & should be able to look at this for you. They will hopefully respond in a day or so as they work through the oldest posts first. Please do not be tempted to "bump" the thread, as it will put you back down the queue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Al_54, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding the outdoor work and the charge.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Al_54
Joining in

Having only just registered with the Virgin Media Forum and posted a question. In under an hour I was contacted by Tom_W1 Virgin Media Forum Team who looked into my concerns and assured my wife and I that the problem had be rectified.

What excellent service and so refreshing.

Thank you