Menu
Graham19481
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Monthly Payments

On 5 December 2020 I renewed my contract and the agreement clearly states the AGREED monthly service charge and that on 5 June 2022 it would increase to the figure as also stated.

On 5 Jan I receive an email stating that Your bill will go up by £4.50 a month from 1st March

On what grounds do Virgin feel they can increase a charge when a contract, after specifying a charge and when it will increase, they can then increase the very same charge?

Any comment welcome, but perhaps they may also state if this is a breach of contract.

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Monthly Payments

They do release you from the contract, but obviously that is very inadequate since you now need to start over again and renegotiate.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham19481

Thanks for posting.

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period. If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Graham19481
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

John_GS, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Are you really saying to me that, having agreed a contract for 18 months with figures quoted that (a) specify a 'your monthly service charge, and (b) how much I will be expected tp pay from June 2022, that Virgin have the right to increase the charges as much as they wish and when they wish to do so?

There was no mention of the potential for any increases to apply during the contract period when these discussions took place.

Thanks

Graham

0 Kudos