cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mates rates

jonene
Tuning in

I'm an ex- Virgin Media employee moving from my rates to mates rates. I'm trying to find out what my new monthly rate will be when I move onto mates rates, but of course customer services are not able help me.

A contact number or email address for either the mates rates or my rates teams would be good.  And no, the 0345 454 1111 number is no help as they have no clue about this.  Also, I was given an 0800 number in a chat session which was no longer in use and referred me back to the 0345 number 🙄

32 REPLIES 32

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jonene,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with package changes over the Forums. However, our Customer Service Teams are able to assist with Mates Rates/My Rates packages and should be handling these as normal.

At present, we do not have any dedicated teams for customers on these types of packages. If your account has not yet been moved to a Mates Rates package, our teams would not be able to confirm this. You will also receive a confirmation email of your package change, which will contain your new monthly pricing.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Surely the ‘mate’ offering this has access to the Virgin Media HR resource which documents the Mates Rate program?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Customer services know nothing about my rates or mates rates.  All they could do is quote a full price package and give me an out of date phone number.

All I have had is a letter, with no price quoted. No email.  Next to useless.

There are no other numbers for mates rate customers. It's the same customer service line who should be able to advise you of your package details once account security is passed for any other requests they would then pass you over to the mates rates team. 
Are you just looking to confirm your package information or are you looking to request action be taken on the account, such as a package change request? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Per my original message, I want someone to tell me what my new monthly rate will becwhen I move from my rates to mates rates.  Explained all this to customer support, twice and they can't help.

I can certainly look and confirm what your monthly package price is going to be. But I'll be unable to make any changes or action and package requests over community. 
Please join me on private message so we can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages in the envelope at the top of the screen. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @jonene

Glad we were able to confirm your monthly rate for you. If you have any further questions regarding available packages for you or make any changes to your package please do consider giving us a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 and WhatsApp on 07305 327 112 our team will be more than happy to perform a package review for you. They will ensure that you're on the best possible deal for your package.

If you have any further questions or concerns on anything else, please do let us know. We'll be here to support if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

connora1
Joining in

Did you manage to get this sorted? I’m having the exact same issue as you, ex employee, received a letter saying I’d have permanent mates rates after 60 days, called customer service and they can’t tell me anything 

Not yet.  It's a work in progress 🙄