Menu
james-28
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Live chat

Has anyone been able to make contact through live chat?

I understand that things are very different at the moment due to the current situation but I waited last night on live chat for three hours and tonight, four hours and still have not been able to chat to anyone.

Virgin say not to call unless you are vulnerable, but the waiting time on live chat is unacceptable.

I’m trying negotiate a deal to retain my custom, if not, serve notice. Does anyone know if this can even be done through live chat and chat to retentions?  I chose the option “thinking of leaving” or will I just go through to a regular operator?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live chat

Hi james-28,

You should chat to retentions (thinking of leaving us) to either negotiate a new deal or cancel.

You can either use the text service or telephone (it's important to you)

Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. VM's aim is to respond within 4 hours, however it will more than likely take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call between 8am and 10am or late afternoon around tea time to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
james-28
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Dave

They are the options I chose when starting the live chat. Been over four hours now so think I will give up again as if they reply now, it will take beyond there closing time going by past experience.

Don’t want to have to call and add to the demand on the call centre especially when people with no service etc maybe trying to make contact.

29 years with CableTel/NTL/NTL:home/Virgin Media yet it will still be a struggle to get a good deal 😂

0 Kudos
james-28
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Beyond a joke. Three hours on Friday and four hours today and still no response.

Virgin say not to call but I’m calling tomorrow. Get staff on live chat.

Sky don't seem to be having the same issue when it comes to live chat. 

0 Kudos
Dancampbell1978
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @james-28,

All I can say is I feel your pain.  Over the last couple of days (Friday afternoon, and All day yesterday) I've tried to get through to the retentions team on the live chat.  you get through to a first line person that basically wastes your time for about 45 minutes then put you through to the retentions team, and that's where it ends.  Over the 2 days I sat on the chat (while doing other things) for a total of 13 hours with no progress.  I'm the same as you, I wasn't using the live chat as they ask only to use phone in emergencies and keep it open for vulnerable people, so you feel guilty doing that.

I did eventually phone, and was met with ambivalence at best (that was a 45 minute long que to get through) and that basically only new customers get the deals advertised.  I even said I'd sign up to a new contract, but not even offered close to the intro offer of £40 for M200 with phone that they advertise. 

I suggest that you do what I've done, and raise this as a complaint through their system, and when it gets to 28 days hit them with a raised complaint to Ofcom for poor customer service.  I've also raised it on Trust Pilot and other forums as word needs to be spread about how poor the service is, especially as they are supposed to be a communications company.

Anyway, I hope you got a resolution to your price issues, and I'll give you an update on if I eventually hear back on the complaint that I raised.

Cheers,

Dan

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello james-28

Sorry to hear this 

As a rule we are unable to assist or action any package changes on here 

This will need to be done by calling us 0345 454 1111 or 

Just send us a text* with a description of your problem to 07533 051809
 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. 
Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Dancampbell1978
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gareth,

you are just repeating the same thing over and over, but clearly not listening.  Your contact centres do not work.  Hours waiting on the phone, days waiting on live chat, and no response on the text service. 
don’t recommend a service if it’s clear that people are trying, and getting no response on them.  
nowhere in live chat do they say that can’t make package changes, so if that’s case you should state it clearly prior to people wasting hours sat there.

if you want to investigate my experiences I’ll be happy to give you the 2 complaint references and my account details in a private message.  Then perhaps you’ll begin to understand the frustration that people go through trying to deal with your business.

regards,

dan

0 Kudos