cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to at renewal to try to get me to buy unwanted package.

Rick111J
Tuning in

Frustrated!

At renewal stage and after several calls with retentions trying to cancel as the broadband and hub we have isn’t good enough and we have had repeated issues such as trying to access movies and the system saying we need to upgrade when we have the biggest oomph package.

I’ve been offered a new Volt package that simply isn’t what I want. The mobile is now with O2 which has insufficient coverage where I live compared to current virgin sim, plus we don’t use much sports etc but any reduction in services actually raises the cost higher. It is ridiculous that the only cheaper (not enough) package is the biggest volt package. Yet here is the real kick in the teeth, we’d have to have this package but due to stock issues sign an 18 month contract for the biggest package but they’d lower the broadband speed as no available hubs.

I would have entertained the package offered but only with 1 Gig in line with the advertised speed of the ultimate package but they kept saying they could not include this as the hub conveniently was not in stock - YET my partner  can order it with no issue as a new customer to arrive in 2 weeks, plus when challenged I was offered to have the 1 Gig but only with a package that doesn’t include features I want and yep I could also upgrade my existing contract to include 1 Gig with no issue so it’s clearly available in stock. I refuse to agree a lower speed 18 month contract for the price quoted when we already have had so many broadband issues - this was acknowledged and an engineer booked after speaking with the tech team but frankly it’s too little too late. I object to being told it won’t be an issue to sign now and switch to 1 gig later as this simply will result in being forced to then ay additional costs for a package that should already include this. I also object to being told I could not have the 1 gig and wait for the hub to arrive, I was told my services wouldn’t work but this isn’t true, everyone you get a new hub it takes a few days to a week to arrive and you simply get a slower speed until it’s installed. I cancelled my contract.

I am particularly cross that I was then phoned by assumedly another retention team to be told I could have the new hub and the 1 Gig contract on the already quoted price and then got cut off - when phoning back no one would honour this whilst telling me they only had my word - I have the call record plus they then slipped up by confirming they could see that this person phoning me had cancelled my disconnection! I had not given permission for this and as the package remains unacceptable cost and speed wise, I re-cancelled the contract. Even this took ages whilst the customer service agent kept unhelpfully trying to sell me other packages when I simply wanted the advertised package!

As a customer of over 10 years I’m pretty disappointed by being messed about. Sky finally have a product without a dish (always a blocker for us) and have been awesome so I’m ready for a move!

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rick111J, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the experience which the package and disconnection. Have you now arranged for the Sky services to be installed? If so, when is this due to happen? Have you now managed to get the disconnection rebooked? ^CW

I have got the disconnection rebooked for 9th May and Sky are able to come out most days that week. We are just deciding if we will have BT for the broadband element.

Hi @Rick111J,

It's a shame to hear that you're leaving us, and apologies again for your recent experience that you've outlined above. If there's anything else that we can help you with at all, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I was phoned again today and my time wasted again, simply to offer me the same package, same price, minus 1 gig. I was told I could have the 1 gig and hub 4 when it came into stock but no cast iron confirmation that this wouldn’t then cost me more. Why would I pay for the top volt package for 18 months without this?!! I’m still no clearer why I’m being told it isn’t in stock as part of the ultimate volt package but I can upgrade my current contract to include this with no problem. It makes zero sense. I wouldn’t pay for the package with only 600 Meg unless £20 cheaper. If you can help me there then let’s speak.

Thanks for coming back to us @Rick111J, I will be able to pass on your feedback to the team about the way that you have been told about the offers and how you cannot get gig1 with your new package but can with an upgrade but we wouldn't be able to help any further from the forums as we cannot look into package deals, we can only advise the current status of your account and update on any outstanding issues.

Regards,

Steven_L