Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving

Do i have to leave when my contract ends (rolling contract) in order to return as new customer to receive the best deals available as loyal customers like myself are being ripped off, Im paying £41.74 a month for M200 when new customers can get this for £28 plus cashback on some websites, or if i point this out do you give me that price as loyalty surely counts for something ?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving

Hello

You would have to leave for a period of time before you would get the same deals as a new customer.

If you call up as a customer on a rolling contract the team who deal with people who deal with this may offer you a deal but it will not be at the same level as a new customer, the way VM work is that for new customers the deals tend to be at a loss. I am afraid the loyalty doesn't actually count for anything in the business model that VM use.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you have to leave for 3 months before you can join as a new customer.

You are not loyal if you do not want to pay the standard rate and only want the new customer deals

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was in the same position. 

If you call up depending on the agent you get through to you should get a discount. Not as good as new customers but definitely a lot cheaper than what you're on. 

This information came from the agent who dealt with my house move who said to always call each year as your contract is expiring. 

0 Kudos