Menu
Highlighted
linnes
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting emails telling me I owe money

Hi there, I am getting emails saying I haven't paid enough, threatening to suspend my services. When I call, operators say to just ignore them because the system hasn't been updated with my new package/price. They say they can't send me this in writing, or amend my contract details themselves. But it has been 2.5 months now.

I pay £88, which is what I am assured is the right amount. But the bills say £108, and I am repeatedly told by the  automated system that I owe money. Every time I ring, call handlers say this is not true and I should ignore these emails. BUt whjy can no-one change it? It's alarming, being led to believe I owe money and may be cut off - especialy when I have nothing in writing to say otherwise.

My concern is that my contract doesn't match the bills or price agreed. Yet when I call, they just say, ignore it, don't worry.

A call handler told me I have to go online in a chat box to ask them to update their system, so I don't receive this misleading emails. Online chat said I have to go through accounts. The website just leads me round and round. Please help!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting emails telling me I owe money

Hi linnes,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the billing issues you've had. It sounds like there is a background credit in the account which if it is the case, this would be applied first, and then the full price being added after. For example, background credit is £10, and package is £90. Means when the bills are produced you'd only pay £80.

I'll drop you a quick PM to make sure everything is fine with the account, 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos