cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to Ultimate Volt Package - but received Hub 4 and Oomph SIM replaced by O2 SIM

BigG_COYQ
Joining in

I have been a Virgin Customer for many years (maybe 25+) plus NTL before that. Last year I was upgraded to the Oomph package and get the SuperHub 3. Recently I brought over 5 x SIMS from Three Mobile to Virgin Mobile and I was convinced to resign my Broadband Package to Ultimate Volt etc.

First downside was that my Oomph SIM (Vodafone network) has been replaced with a O2 Volt SIM. Gets quite complicated with the Billing now, with O2 SIM getting billed from O2 and then my Virgin has been reduced by the O2 amount, I guess its the way they book revenue now. However, the major downside was that I got a reasonable 2-3 bars of 4G before and not zero bars of O2, yet the signal strength site says Good 4G inside and out, hmmm where I have heard that before, oh yes Three mobile, its why I just moved from Three to Virgin 😞

Anyway, the biggest disappointment was to receive a shiny new SuperHub 4, installed and working, with 950+ of download in hardwire, bit patchy on Wi-Fi, but only to find out that there is a newer SuperHub 5 out since last October. So I have come down very quickly from a high to feeling a little cheated that I have received old stock of SuperHub 4.

I may not get any violins playing a sympathetic tune, considering what else is going on the world, but should I have a case for contacting Virgin asking the question "when's me SH5 coming?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BigG_COYQ wrote:

Anyway, the biggest disappointment was to receive a shiny new SuperHub 4, installed and working, with 950+ of download in hardwire, bit patchy on Wi-Fi, but only to find out that there is a newer SuperHub 5 out since last October. So I have come down very quickly from a high to feeling a little cheated that I have received old stock of SuperHub 4.

I may not get any violins playing a sympathetic tune, considering what else is going on the world, but should I have a case for contacting Virgin asking the question "when's me SH5 coming?"

The Hub 5 is still in pilot rollout and isn't the generally available Hub for Gig1 - that is the Hub 4.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BigG_COYQ wrote:

The Hub 5 is still in pilot rollout and isn't the generally available Hub for Gig1 - that is the Hub 4.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BigG_COYQ 

Details regarding the hub 5 are on the following VM blog page 

From the above link :- 

FAQ

How can I get a Hub 5? / I’m on Gig1 Fibre and need the Hub 5 to maximise my service

We’re rolling the Hub 5 out in phases, and we’re emailing specific groups of customers over time to invite them to order ahead of a wider launch in 2022. Only customers who receive the email invite will be able to order for the time being.

Why is the rollout being phased?

We’re ironing out some kinks around customers who have Gig1, Intelligent WiFi Pods, and home phone via hub. Once we've addressed these issues we'll start to include these customers in the rollout. You'll receive an email with an invite to order when this is ready.

Update 24th Feb 22: we've started to send email invites to a small number of customers who have home phone via hub ahead of offering this more widely to this cohort of customers. We'll share an update when we have some more news.

Why can't I get Intelligent WiFi Plus with the Hub 5?

We're working on making the Hub 5 compatible with our Intelligent WiFi Pods and this will be available soon but in the meantime you'll be able to grab a PowerLine Booster if you need to extend your WiFi in your home.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali