cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just an observation

Enduser
Fibre optic

Recently, and out of the blue, I received an email from VM [hopefully] to the effect that for some reason they were going to change my package from Intelligent WiFi Plus service to WiFi Max Service.

Not sure how how this change is actually going to effect me but there it is. My observation is this, a couple of days ago I received another email from VM, [hopefully] "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract"

I haven't done anything and this email gives the impression that maybe someone else may have got into my account and made changes, It is misleading, and worrying, perhaps in future the wording can be changed.

9 REPLIES 9

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

WiFi Max is included automatically if you are on the 1 Gig service, Volt or Ultimate Oomph packages.

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Enduser, thanks for reaching out to us.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
May I ask if you were able to read the article sent by @nodrogd ?
We have update our intelligent Wi-Fi service which is why that email was sent, the change is on our side.
May I ask if you've been able to check MyVM under the orders tab to get any more information? Check here.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This was about the second email was worded. I had not made any changes.

I received the exact same email,though having been told in the 1st email nothing else would be changed I lost a promotion that was ongoing until next year. I have spoken to someone today but trying to explain all I want is my promotion put back on my account was too much for several agents to understand, 90mins of my time wasted and still not sorted the 3rd agent cut me off disgusting.

I will be phoning back Monday.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lojelo5, 

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your discount has been removed following a recent change to the service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see what has happened so I would like to to discuss this further. 

I will pop you over a private message now. 

Thanks, 

Nat

@ Natalie_L

I have replied.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you lojelo5.

I have received your message and replied. There may be a gap in responses but I will respond as quickly as possible 🙂

Nat

Thanks for your help Natalie but I sorted this over the phone today (26-09-22).

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know lojelo5. 

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Take care, 

Nat