Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Issue with broadband

I have received a few automated messages on home phone and mobile to say that my broadband is going to be disconnected within 24 hours.   I would like a telephone number for someone at Virgin that I can speak to regarding this as I have no idea why it is being disconnected and wondered if it was a 'scam' call.   The call came from mobile number 07442095976. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with broadband

Hi there @MarionA

Welcome to our Community and than you for taking the time to post to our wall; I do apologise about any distress this call may have caused  you. 

I assure you this would not have been from us; we do not make automated threatening calls of this nature; we have also checked the number you have provided and this is not showing as a valid number at all - let alone one that is linked to us. 

If you are ever concerned about your billing, you can check this and your payments via your online account at anytime. You're also welcome to contact us by calling 150/03454541111 or you can pop us a text on 07533051809

After locating your account via your forum information I can confirm that we have not made any attempts to contact you recently via phone for this or indeed any other reason. I do hope that puts your mind at ease. 

You know where we are if we can assist with anything else. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with broadband

We have had quite a few of these. Play them along, be shocked etc and see exactly what they want but don't give them any details of anything, not account and especially not any banking details.

Honestly, you can have fun with them, keep them on a long as possible and then when you are fed up you can tell them to f*** off but they don't always put the phone down at their end even then, so you can start being abusive.

0 Kudos