cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly charged a £35 activation fee!

shalton
Tuning in

Incorrectly charged a £35 activation fee!

My contract started on 04/02/22. In included No fees, £100 bill credit, M100 broadband, landline inc weekend calls, 18 month contract.

I am not happy that Virgin Media have added this onto my bill.

As my contract started on 04/02/22, and it is now 18/02/22, can I leave without charge?

It is not an ideal initiation to Virgin Media treatment of customers.

Can anyone help?

Thank you, Steven

5 REPLIES 5

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @shalton,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the current mistakes that seem to have happened.

If I invited you into a private message, would you have written proof of the £100 bill credit and the free installation?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

Thank you for your reply to my message.

I'm sorry for my delay in getting back to you.

I will have a look for the information you have asked for and then let you know.

Thank you again, Steven

Hi shalton, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Taking a look at our systems, I can see we sent you an order confirmation and a contract when you joined. On here I can't see any free activation. 

Do you have any thing showing that you were offered free activation? If so, pop back here and let me know and I can take this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

shalton
Tuning in

Hello,

Sorry I have not been able to get the information you have asked for. Personal health/disability is holding me back at the moment, but it wasn't highlighted to me that you would be giving £100 then taking away £35.

I will have a look through all the info I was shown when signing up ASAP. 

I want to point out once again that I'm not happy with the stressful situation I have been put in.

Steven

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @shalton

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Please do keep us updated, I understand your frustration. The contract you received should highlight the £35.00 activation fee.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs