Menu
HorsforthChap
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to leave?

I posted about this yesterday. I am trying to cancel my account. Twice I have phoned and got through to an agent. Twice they have transferred me and I have been put into another queue for 20 minutes, only to audibly hear someone pick up the phone and put it immediately down again. Whatever team is responsible for cancellations/transferrals is intentionally cutting off calls.

Can someone from Virgin Media get in touch with me urgently, as my parents are moving house in less than 30 days and we need to cancel the account.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to leave?

Hi HorsforthChap,

have you tried the online chat messenger for moving home?  contactus/moving-home 

Click on the red Message us icon.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
sparky208
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ive been on the live chat from 10 this morning in a q ..both phone number when i ring just set to auto hang up or something .i would also like to leave and finding it very difficult to do this had a much better offer from Vodaphone with no price rise for 24 months which has forced me to look elsewhere shocking behavior from virgin again 

Tags (1)
HorsforthChap
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is infuriating. I will say when I do get through to a first line agent, they're very polite, friendly and helpful. The problems occur when I'm transferred. I can understand retention are probably having a hard time right now, but that's no reason to put the phone down on customers. I've initiated a complaint and will take it as far as I can now. I'm not leaving because I'm dissatisfied with the service. I think VM broadband is very good and have it in my own house. It's simply that my elderly parents don't use the internet and don't need any Virgin services any more as they're moving. I'm not leaving them paying a bill for a service they don't use, in a house noone lives in.

I'm on chat now. No reply so far. Currently working (funnily enough I actually work in B2B telecoms), so will ring for the third time tonight when I clock off. If I still have no joy, I'll send them a letter. I understand customers have a right to instruct a cancellation of contract in writing. I feel like not using Virgin completely after all this. The excuse that Covid-19 is holding up support doesn't wash when they're actively putting the phone down on paying customers. I'm not just going to give up trying to cancel. I have to cancel, so they have to acknowledge me at some point.

Extremely shoddy customer service even by Virgin Media's standards.

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can cancel in writing. Search for Virgin Media terms and conditions, when you've got up the VM page with those, check out section N and M. There's a postal address given, obviously you'll want to use recorded delivery.

Apart from that I agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts on VM customer service. Many other companies are managing really well indeed, and the whole Covid business is simply showing up the ones who really don't give a tinker's cuss about their customers.  In the past nine months I've encountered some superb customer service from companies who care enough to make things work when you can't operate your call centres normally, which shows that Covid is no excuse.

But despite this, Virgin Media think they're doing enough to deserve an inflation busting price rise.  It's almost as though VM is run by somebody able to combine the meagre organisational talents of Matt Hancock and the self delusion of Donald Trump.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sparky208
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yup there a total joke now their phone transfer will cut you off .the live chat is dead no one is there at all and they only give you 30 days to leave if you dont like the price hike.i pay £37 a month for 200 ..Vodafone offered me 500 for £35 24 month contract guaranteed not to rise in price ...adios virgin asap if i could ..not a happy sausage with them
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting through to the team over the phone @sparky208.

Unfortunately we cannot help any further with this query over the forums.

Please could you send a text message to our team on 0753 305 1809 and we can look into this further for you. Please be aware that this isn't an instant response service but the team will be with you as quickly as possible.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
HorsforthChap
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just an update. Spent 3 and a half hours on web chat, but finally cancelled the account. Grace and Suraj on chat were very helpful and polite. Looks like web chat may be the way to go, but you have to be patient.

newapollo
Hero
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again HorsforthChap,

Thanks for the update. Glad you managed to get it all sorted.

Hope you and your parents soon settle into the new house

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
sparky208
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

oh i ask virgin to day to do me a deal the guy offerd me 100mgbts for £45 .i said wy would i take that offer i have 200mbgts £37 a month i said you baffon to him .virgin has now cut me off i have no internet i spent 3 hours on the phone with them and they said i was banned from virgin . i have a diabetes machine hook up to the internet and you just cut me dead .thank you virgin i will be taking you to court for this 

0 Kudos