cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel contract - HUNG UP on every single time

rossonomous
On our wavelength

I'm at the point where I don't know what to do anymore. You are causing me so much undue stress because I cannot cancel my contract.

You are literally making it impossible for me to cancel my contract. I've now rung through to your number on multiple occasions on different days, told i'm being transferred to correct department and then the calls hangs up on after a few more rings. 

I want to leave. I am leaving my house and don't need the services anymore. 

How do I raise a complaint? Don't tell me to call a number, that's a stupid answer. 

I also don't want to hear "we understand your frustration". No you do not. You are not in my position and I am just another number on your tally of customers for which you have no real care or understanding for. 

I just called in again, was told "Don't worry, I will not drop your call. I can see we've already lost you a couple of times". I'll give you one guess as to what happened. Total call time 33 minutes, to add to the multiple hours I've already spent trying to call.

So, how do I cancel and give my 30 days notice without being charged again? How do I get someone to contact me back instead of wasting endless time on hold with no end result?

21 REPLIES 21

rossonomous
On our wavelength

Experience so far: 

Made initial call on 14th January to cancel. 

- On hold for 40~ minutes and got hung up on.

- Called back and was told I must be transferred to specific team and the person I was talking to couldn't help

Called on 17th January and gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes.

Called this morning 25th Jan, adviser confirmed they could see my attempts to get in contact and promised my call wouldn't be dropped. 

- Spent 33 minutes on the line and the call got dropped.

Called again this morning 25th Jan, on hold for 37 minutes and call was dropped.

Hi @rossonomous

Please refrain from multiple posts on our forums. I can see you've got your own thread and we'll reply on there

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

I'm doing what is necessary to get someone's attention and have my issue dealt with. I'm at the edge of being reasonable anymore when Virgin Media are going to continue debiting me for services that I wish to cancel on a specific date. 4 hours of time wasted so far with zero progress.. and counting.

I will not create any further posts and will be looking out for a reply on this one here - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Impossible-to-cancel-contract-HUNG-...

We cannot cancel via the forums so I am afraid we cannot assist you here

You'll need to either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or write to us at the following address; Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

This isn't a solution. 

Calling doesn't work, I've made that abundantly clear. 

I've also read numerous instances where writing has failed too. 

There must be a way you can get someone to get in contact with me?

I feel like you're just fobbing me off. 

Connected to another call now. Advisor Ryan has told me to stay on the line while he talks to cancellation first and gets me connected. This is minute 18.

14 minutes on hold later, Ryan never came back, the phone rung 4 times and then the call disconnected.

That was 32 minutes of phone call time and it got disconnected again. 

What is the correct way to raise a complaint?