cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want confirmation of my service cancellation

azharsheikh
Joining in

I am having a frustrating time getting confirmation of my service cancellation. I don't want to cause a fuss  - but I would like an admin/moderator to get in touch with me. I have called the retention team and been promised an email which has not come. 

The cancellation process has been frustrating and hugely more difficult than signing on.  Virgin has eroded any goodwill I have towards them. 

All I want is a written confirmation of my cancellation. 

I have notes and records. 

Admin please get in touch with me asap, Otherwise, I will take further action. 

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum tram who are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond; though usually the former.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi azharsheikh 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble cancelling your service. Depending on when your disconnection has been placed, it can take around 48 hours for an email notification to be sent to confirm the disconnection and also depends on the type of disconnection you've requested.

If you've requested for a standard disconnection of all services, and aren't taking your Landline number with you, this will be the standard 48 hours. On the other hand, if you've requested to take your Landline with you, and disconnect all other services, you will only receive this notification 48 hours after you have requested for your new provider to take the Landline number to their network.

I'm going to send you a private message so I can look into this. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

i appreciate your timely response. I wl check your message shortly. Thanks.

Forum staff can probably confirm that the cancellation is being processed, but whether you receive email confirmation or not is uncertain.  This has been a problem for years now and VM aren't competent to resolve it.  I've cancelled by both telephone and post, disconnection is in five days and other than retentions phone calls there's been zero acknowledgement. 

Provision of equipment return packaging is to the same high standards, you may have to chase that, or print off your own returns label.  When returning kit, make sure that you keep the dispatch confirmation, or collection receipt.