cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a new account number after moving house

eurodancer
Joining in

Hay every I went online today and spoke to an agent that im moving to a new house and want to take my services with me and I got a contract and new account number emailed to me what is going on why cant i keep my old account number ??? I don't new 2 accounts and cant afford to accounts can some explain me to what is going on ?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi eurodancer,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry for any confusion about your new account number and contract.

As our valued member @jem101 has advised perfectly, when moving you will automatically be created a new account number and contract if you request any changes from your previous package. Your old account number will cease, and your new account number will take precedence at your new address. You will not be paying for two accounts. 

Sorry for any confusion this has caused.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

Despite what many think, your contract with VM is not to give YOU a service but to provide a service to a particular address. If you move, then this absolutely requires a new contract to be setup (for the new address) and the old one cancelled.

Hi eurodancer,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry for any confusion about your new account number and contract.

As our valued member @jem101 has advised perfectly, when moving you will automatically be created a new account number and contract if you request any changes from your previous package. Your old account number will cease, and your new account number will take precedence at your new address. You will not be paying for two accounts. 

Sorry for any confusion this has caused.

Kind regards Jodi.