Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 21 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to pause your Sky Sports subscription

@cranforduk wrote:

Maybe VM have reached an agreement with Sky to suspend payment for All of their Sky Sports customers!

If this is the case then VM will profit from this.

And what about BT Sports?

You have to apply, just as you have to if you subscribe directly from Sky, so they are applying the same rules.

BT Sports have yet to make a decision about what to offer customers. The same for Premier Sports. Again it will depend on the agreements they have with Virgin.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 22 of 86
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B 

Just noticed another change has been made to the page on the website, & you can now pause Sky Sports, BT Sports or both.

What about those of us with both channels that have already applied to pause Sky Sports? Do we have to apply again to pause BT Sports as well, or will this be automatically included?

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 23 of 86
Flag for a moderator

and what about the people with bt sports as a package. can they get money back?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 24 of 86
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@Kev_B 

Just noticed another change has been made to the page on the website, & you can now pause Sky Sports, BT Sports or both.

What about those of us with both channels that have already applied to pause Sky Sports? Do we have to apply again to pause BT Sports as well, or will this be automatically included?

@nodrogd - since the options are split on the form I'd recommend filling in again to make sure the request is processed for BT Sports channels.

To anybody filling in the form from now on, just be sure to select the relevant option - Sky Sports, BT Sports, or both.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 25 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I submitted the form last week for Sky pause, and how now seen we can also pause BT sports so now resubmitted the form again 🙄

Anyone know if there is ANY confirmation form Virgin on whether the request has been actioned?

Seems strange to not just do this for all customers and save the effort of having the work done in the back office and deal with the requests 🙄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 26 of 86
Flag for a moderator

@paule_39 wrote:

I submitted the form last week for Sky pause, and how now seen we can also pause BT sports so now resubmitted the form again 🙄

Anyone know if there is ANY confirmation form Virgin on whether the request has been actioned?

Seems strange to not just do this for all customers and save the effort of having the work done in the back office and deal with the requests 🙄

@paule_39 Login to your VM Account - click on ‘Go to My Bills’ - and you will see a credit adjustment if it’s been done. I filled the form out last week and spotted the credit on my account today 👍

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 27 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Same here.  £22 credited for Sky Sports and £9.25 for BT Sport

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 28 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to pause your Sky Sports and/or BT Sport subscription

Hi Kev,

I’m trying to log onto my virgin account online but it seems I’m either not registered or most probably registers to a previous email address I no longer use.  Do you know how I can get my account number and area code? I’m unable to call at the moment to get the details.  any help would be most appreciated.

Best regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 29 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I got my credit day after registering came to slightly more for Sky Sports (£27) but same for BT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 30 of 86
Flag for a moderator

My credit was less because I was part way through a 12 months discounted add-on for Sky Sports, so wasn't paying the full package price.
0 Kudos