cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to downgrade package

BenH1970
Tuning in

Hello,

I would like to downgrade my package in an online manner rather than the phone. Is there an easy means of doing this please? The web 'help page' (I use the words loosely...) mentions 'downgrade' and then there is no mention of it onwards.

I saw mention of Whatsapp contact elsewhere, this would be do-able if still possible.

Many thanks,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ben,

To be perfectly honest, the best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Replies from the following methods aren't instant, roughly around 4 to 6 hours at times, often longer, as telephone calls take priority dependent upon staffing availability and call queues. One member of the forum team last week suggested that it was currently taking 24 hours.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks, I'll have a go at Whatsapp then 🙂

Hi @BenH1970

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the support and information needed on the webpages. Was this via your online account or on our main Virgin Media page? 

If you can provide the link if it was the main page, I can check with the team to see if there is any missing information that needs to be included to help those looking to change their package in future. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley