Menu
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How to Contact Virgin

Hi,

Does anyone know how to contact Virgin Media? Calling 150 says the wait time is over 6 hours. The Live Chat function on the App used to work, but it's stopped working on Monday - the only message you ever get is "We're sorry Something's up with our messaging service at the moment, please try again soon. OK". Have tried twice a day for the last four days - what does Virgin consider as 'soon'?

Any help appreciated.

Best regards

Tom

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Contact Virgin

Waiting times can and vary from day to day, however it's best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@tomreu wrote:

Does anyone know how to contact Virgin Media? Calling 150 says the wait time is over 6 hours.

Where is a 6hour wait advised?!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved. Virgin Media have ended messaging support on the app. Without notice, and whilst I was in the middle of a chat conversation with someone. Truly unbelievable.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tomreu, 

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to see of the problems you've had contacting the team. Can I ask if you could expand on the reason you're calling so I can see if I can help?

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for coming back. It's a billing issue, so probably not something to deal with in the open. And why it's been so important to me to get through and resolve. Problem now though is that the new app seems to have a stability issue - have been connected 8 times to Virgin staff members this morning, and each of them has had the conversation cut out at some point. And you can't just carry on where the connection was cut off - you have to start from scratch each time. Really frustrating.

Best regards

Tom

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I full appreciate that Tom, I was just checking to see if there was something we could do as it's how we work over here on the community 🙂 

What issues are you experiencing on the app? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ryan, understood.

The main issue is the message conversations just ending for no apparent reason. It happened 8 times over about 3 hours this morning.

And it's really difficult to get to the messaging section as well. It takes about 4 clicks to get there rather than being an option on the landing page of the app (which would make more sense to me).

But the main issue is the message conversations ending randomly.

Regards

Tom

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the feedback regarding the app. 

I've not heard any issues like yours which is odd - do you ever get to speak with anyone at all? 

I will send you over a private message to see if I can help regarding your concern with billing so you don't have to put it here 🙂 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

That would be great. No, haven't spoken to anyone since this all started Monday of last week (which is when the message functionality was removed from the old app, but the error message just says to try again later!).

Cheers

Tom

0 Kudos