cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get a deadlock letter

gwilson6838
Tuning in

After filing one complaint and getting a derisory reply I replied that this was not a resolution

Heard nothing Filed another complaint complaining about no response to first one

Eventually someone rang me and was unable to provide a resolution agreed to send a deadlock letter within seven days

Finally got a email saying matter had been resolved. Can I progress with arbitration without this letter

Taking up generic issues with Ofcom

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Deadlock letter is not required if more than 8-weeks have passed; see section 4. Independent adjudication in Consumer Complaints Code of Practice | Legal | Virgin Media

Ofcom do not look at individual complaint but do monitor reports for persistent failing that may warrant further action; do report here Monitoring form | Ofcom

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @gwilson6838 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you on the team.

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue regarding your complaint and thank you to @用心棒 for their help and guidance on this so far.

As they have stated if this complaint has been open for 8 weeks then you would not need the deadlock letter. At the bottom of the communication you have from us, there should be information on how to progress this with the Ombudsman.