cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

130 REPLIES 130

Was this by choosing the "thinking of leaving us" options or did you do anything different?

Just went via the "Thinking of leaving us option?".

Yes, spoke to UK - Bellshill, Scotland 2 wks ago. Did the usual press button sequence except this time, instead of usual "5" (leaving), pressed "4" (alter package). Got thro to India. Explained paying too much, considering leaving. Asked to wait, was being transferred to "Retentions". Thought would be Dept in India. Turned out to be Bellshill. Happy outcome & staying for another 12 months. Fyi, if you get right person in India, brilliant service as happened to me mid June - Staff Member Sindhu, so good. Have had poor experiences with VM, mainly India, but based on last 2 calls, Staff in India & UK have had high standard professionalism.👏VM

Joanne27
Joining in

Having a similar experience. Been messed around and blatantly lied to by call centre staff in India. Tried the online chat but repeatedly cut off. 

Raised a formal complaint on Monday but still not heard anything. Awaiting information on when out upgrade will actually happen 

Service is an absolute disgrace and impossible to speak to anyone who knows or understands

Very , very frustrating when you have been a loyal customer for many years

Neil2080
On our wavelength
They are a total nightmare Joanne and Virgin do not seem to be listening to us at all. I am only with them now for their broadband speed but might even sacrifice some of that to leave at the end of my contract. Hope your issue gets resolved now you are on here. Neil

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Joanne27, thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you had some issues contacting the team, what was the initial query regarding? Was this an upgrade in package or an appointment query?

Let us know so we can advise further.

Thank you, Emily.

Hi Emily

We upgraded extra channels and a second box with install. We then got a completely incorrect new bill and queried it. Instead of sorting it out we were persuaded to have an 'even better upgrade' but assured our original install would remain. 

It hasn't, despite also getting a text the day before saying the engineer was coming tomorrow, and no-one will answer our queries as to why and when it will happen

We have been waiting for a call back and/or an answer to our complaint for a week.

Thanks

Joanne

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update Joanne.

If you'd like I can take a further look into this query for you over private message.

I'll pop you over a private message with some security questions now, if you can please respond to this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thank you, Emily.

cassie175
On our wavelength

I hope they can help you on PM Joanne, they have tried hard to help me but they "system" keeps letting them down.

I got through to india 2 days ago and after some "can't help" and not being able to work out what they were saying I said I want to cancel the contract.

I was transfered to the UK who asked "what can i help you with". My reply "I asked to be put through to cancellations so I would have thought that was obvious". I had been on hold for 25 minutes by that time so was a bit cranky.

Trouble is, even the UK call centre do not do what they say they will. I have two contracts with them. One i am named on for my fathers house because he can't manage to do bills and one for my own house. They have been messing about with my dads bills for over 2 years and PM on here have tried to help twice but the bills still coming out wrong.

Now I have problems with my own. I was out of contract so very ready to leave - hence the call mentioned above, but quite like the 100MB speed. He promised me a price which included the same loyalty discount of £8 I had been getting, plus a deferal of the £3.50 price hike for 6 months. When I ummed and aared he offered me £30 credit too. Great, took the offer, told the new contract would be with me within 24 hours.

Got the offer but the price was wrong (lower by 3.50) but the £8 discount was down to £1. No mention of the £30 credit. Really struggling to work out what is going on.

Now get an email to say there is a £30 activation fee! What for, I have had VM right since they took over NTL.

What is more annoying is that they are advertising 100mb at £27 on the TV and say the normal price is £33. But it has never been £33 !

This didn’t work for me- my bills been increased to £100 and in the email it says if I contact before the 23rd September I can cancel packages and not be charged well first call through to India the guy was stroppy because I refused to take his offer of a package for £99 told him I want to downgrade remove movies and reduce the package he said what about the phone well just take that off too- then put me back it the queue for 25mins for me to be then cut off- I rung back after a bit and got through to India again he offer to take movie off and charge me £75 I asked about changing to the big+drama package and he said it didn’t exist and he couldn’t match sky packages and disregarded the I’m on the virgin website and talked over me and kept saying I’d loose sky1 I watch one program on there and it’s on a season break- he kept saying about my sports package which I don’t have rather than movies and going oh my mistake then offered the basic package for £56 then muttered something about keeping my current tv package but for £60 then said how much did I offer you it for I said £75 so he changed the basic package to £60 rather than the £56 saying he can’t apply discounts he said I’d have to pay the £100 for a month as he can’t change it for 30 days then made a note on the system as I said I might just get everything taking out he didn’t care about retaining the business- I have the screen shots off last years chat where I was upgrading and they offered me £50 credit and I’m still waiting for that I did ring up as she had changed my broadband and asked about the credit which was on the record as being offered but I never received, the off shore call centre be it on the phone or chat make up what they want and I’m seriously considering just getting them taking out and going back to freeview my issue is I love the quick broadband but they never offer current customers good deals and get stroppy with you if you turn their crap deal down I work through the day so it’s difficult to actually talk to someone that I can understand and doesn’t lie and change what they say and backtrack when you question it and become stroppy I find it shocking how bad virgin customer server actually is but then again I know how they treat their staff in the UK so I can only imagine how bad they are off shore where there’s less workers rights

Neil2080
On our wavelength

Hi Kittyhol,

if you have another adult in the household, just cancel everything and then get them to set up as a new customer requesting exactly what you want with all the new customer offers. They really could not organise a **** up in a brewery!!