cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

130 REPLIES 130

Never did get to speak to anyone in the UK, managed to get the package I wanted though even it took a few calls and gritted teeth.

However, David and the team here went way beyond that and got me  5 months rebate, didn't see that one coming,

So, where VM isn't perfect in some areas, it excels in others.

Been trying for days to speak to someone who can help. Each time I have been unable to catch what they are saying, I do struggle with accents, or they have hung up on me.

I spoke to someone in the UK a few months ago (going through "thinking of leaving us") and they agreed i had been overcharged for 10 months and gave me a credit. they also put my bill down to £27 for the next 12 months because i said I would leave and go to a rival who had a deal at £25 ending that week. The following month the wrong price was on the bill, rang again and got through to UK (using the same method) they said they saw the problem and put a manual credit on.I pointed out that i only agreed to stay because he put it down to £27 and I had now missed out on the other deal. They agreed I was promised that and would get it sorted.

I didn't see the bills for the next 2 months as too much else to do. This month £32 was taken from my account when the credit should still have been partly active. Have rang several times now, using the same method, but can't get through to someone who i can talk to.

Have they recently changed what country takes which calls?

Why can't I email someone with the problem instead of having to wait on the phone for ages?

Tried chat but never available even during the opening hours. Tried the Message Service - supposedly like a text message to them - but waited all day and never got anything back. That section says you can close the browser and come back and the message would still be there, but when i tried i got a "do you really want to close this chat" message.

What is going on !!!!!

The only reason I stay is the speed, but others are catching you up, but now I am forced back into a 12 month contract by your lies !

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cassie175, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have had since changing your package. 

I am keen to get this resolved but in order to do this, I will need to access your account and check whats been happening.

If you check the purple envelope at the top right of the page, I will pop you a private message over to grab a few more details. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Nalalie_L has sorted this for me (I hope). She has checked the package which shows the wrong amount and checked the telephone notes which clearly state the price I was promised. She has applied a credit for the amount overcharged so far and says there will be a reduction for the rest of the contract.

Perhaps the forum is the best way to get things sorted rather than a non uk call centre 🙂

Thanks for confirming that this has been resolved cassie175 and I'm pleased to see that Natalie_L was able to resolve this for you and I'll pass on your positive feedback. 

If you have any further problems, we're here for you!

All the best 

David_Bn

Rillington
Up to speed

It seems as though you now can't. 

Until a few months ago, pressing the options for retentions (4 and 5) would take you to a UK-based call centre but pressing 4 and 5 no longer takes you to retentions - and this is the same with all other option combination - and your call will now be answered by someone who is not based in the UK. This leads me to conclude that VM has recently taken the business decision to all-but fully offshore all aspects of customer service. 

I've called retentions twice this week and both times talked with very helpful UK based people.

Hi - please can you tell me how you got through to a UK help centre as I'm having so much trouble dealing with the offrshore ones? Thanks

03454541111 then from memory option 1 (for TV, Broadband etc.), option 1 (calling from phone linked to account) then option 4 (thinking about leaving us).

Brilliant! It worked. A real human being that actually dealt with my wish to leave! Many thanks.