cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send an email address to CANCEL VM ?

gary_cardiff
Tuning in

I have been a VM customer since the Cabeltel days and have simply had enough of internmittent, over priced services and shocking support.

So I canceled my service on 7 Feb after about 90 minutes of waiting on the phone, and was told that I would get an email to confirm this - from Lenard - that was how he spelled it.

The email has not arrived and the internet service is now unusable. When I do manage to get some service, the VM site just shows that help is unavailable and I have wasted anouther hour waiting on the phone, simply to try to get confirmation that my account will be close 30 days from 7 Feb 2022.  The phone support is unusable.  The live bot chat is unusable unless you use WhatsApp which I don't.

Does anyone have a contact email that they could share so that I can email my question (via my non VM mobile phone)?

The cancellation system at VM is a joke.  I don't see why I should have to send a letter to an address to cancel my service from a communications company.

22 REPLIES 22

@gary_cardiff wrote:

Snip....

Looks like there is no way to contact VM using email.

Indeed there just isn't, which is odd for a 'communications company' is it not. Possibly they have sacked everyone who understands how to set an email address up as a cost saving improving our customer services by eliminating waste measure? I suppose it might be that they actively don't want to make it too easy for disgruntled customers to get in touch and cancel - who can possibly say?

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gary_cardiff, thanks for your public post and confirmation.

Glad to see that you got the answers you need, but please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Scurtis1
On our wavelength

Be sure to put in a DSAR request to corroborate your attempts before you raise a complaint - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

The only way they will email is if you raise a complaint and state it is your preferred method of communication

I would like a purple envelope telling me how to cancel voice mail too

I am out of here and have canceled my VM. 

Frankly, the communication with VM for the decades I have been with them has gone further downhill every year.

VM manage to keep going somehow by trimming back the support and seem to stay in business by having enough customers who stay with them year after year - like me!

Just to add insult to injury, if I was a new VM customer I would get the same service (via Uswitch) for less that half price.  While that is interesting, the actual broadband service and support would be just as bad.

Still nowhere as competitive as other offers (with a £100 voucher too) with a guaranteed servce and option to cancel if the service doesn't deliver.

Also, now that OpenReach are upgrading the fibre delivery to more an more houses (like mine), it makes no sense to use a vintage Cabeltel fibre network IMHO.

We have been a customer for the last few years and it has been a stressful experience since day 1. After reading some of the paperwork through again and trying to speak with Virgin Media agents it has become clear that some of the things that customers are experiencing are near illegal. A customer should be able to cancel their contract if they request to. We have mentioned this numerous times and we still get invoiced a new contract which was not agreed to. The agent who we spoke to was quite demanding and tried to use the usual sales techniques to persuade us to stay with Virgin Media even after saying time and time again that we wish to cancel. The agent pretty much told us that the next bill will start at a set price and then change a month after that before hanging up. This is really bad customer service and is not acceptable. We are seeking legal advice on how to move forward. 

Hi TheAnnoyed,

I am very sorry that you've also had a similar experience, I can assure you that it is not the level of service we aim to provide at all. I certainly agree that it should not be such a stressful experience in trying to cancel your services with us. Of course, we'd love for you to stay however we certainly cannot force you to.

I can see that you have been speaking with my colleague Lee via PM in regards to this. I will ask if he has an update for you.

Kind regards

Beth

TheAnnoyed,

Be sure to make a DSAR request for all information held on you here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

It'll let you hear copies of the recorded phone calls which will help you in the event you go to deadlock and then take your complaint to the ombudsman.

I've now had a copy of my current bill sent to me 5 times when in fact I have requested a copy of my new contract be sent to me 7 times. It is scary how little the customer is listened to. I've also had a few hang ups when asking to escalate the call to a manager. I did get some response after my dsar request as non-compliance with that can be fined by the ICO, thus costing them money but I'm still waiting for a call back as I was promised and my situation still remains unresolved.

Hope you get there in the end

@beth.  It's good you are sorry, but this is very much the service I have had since VirginMedia took over from Ntlworld.

Yesterday my new internet provider hooked up my broadband and for the first time since mid December last year, we have been able to watch 2 streaming services at once without buffering.  The service costs 40% (£20/month, no setup fee. 18 months contract) of what VM were charging and I also get a £100 voucher from them.  I cannot tell how relieved to have a usable service.  If it fails to deliver I can cancel within 3 months.  I have done a few test attempts to contact them and the experience was more than acceptable.  Frequent SpeedTest.net tests throughout the day have illustrated the constant level of service.

In addition my new router covers the whole house which the VM never did properly, and I had to use ethernet cables to 2 self funded routers around the house.

Repeated complaints to VM informed me that everything was working as it should.

P.S. To the person at VM who I was passed onto after requesting to end my contract, and said that whoever I go with would provide a worse service and I would have more problems, that was about as low as any "level of service we aim to provide" can get.