Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HOW TO I LEAVE AND GIVE 30 DAYS NOTICE?

Can someone please tell me how I can leave and give my 30 days notice?!?!?!?!?

I've been trying since FRIDAY to give 30 days notice on my account to leave.

I appreciate that this is a difficult time for all and services/call centres are running on skelton staff but I need to give notice on my account and cannot find a way to do so.

I cannot find a postal address as I thought I could send my notice recorded delivery and thus give my 30 days notice. I cannot find an email, having read around the forums it apears VM do not operate this type of model.

I have been on HOLD to the normal 0345 454 1111 TWO OR THREE TIMES A DAY FOR OVER 60 MINS BEFORE BEING DISCONNECTED EACH TIME SINCE FRIDAY!!!!

HOW CAN I TERMINATE MY SERVICES?!?!?!?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HOW TO I LEAVE AND GIVE 30 DAYS NOTICE?

You can't they are at it. I am assuming the usual 38 minute automatic disconnection for you also. They have sent me an unsolicited contract on Monday morning for a service which I have not agreed to, for a huge price for a poor package and one which doesnt even match what is active or what their portal states. This also goes against everything that has been stated by the agents I have spoken with earlier last week.

Having been told on Thursday (when I finally got connected) they would fix my account and call me but nothing. and I have been trying since to get through to them with no luck. The forum team are unable to assist with such matters and don't appear to be able to arrange call backs either. Forum team guidance is that only other option outside phone is to write to them at the address on this document stating cancellation

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Code_of_Pract...

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, however during my vast searching of the forum and community pages I have found on numerous occassions forum staff getting involved to address issues such as this. Usually with a comment such as "We would not normally do this but on this occassion and due to the issues we have had ..."

It is one of the reasons I have attempted this route. But as you say if nothing works will have to send written notice via post and send it recorded delivery so that the date I have sent it is recorded that way even they are in lockdown and don't pick it up for a couple of weeks I have fulfilled my contractual obligations when giving notice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good luck and stay safe. 

0 Kudos