cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CANCEL

Khaledd
Tuning in

I've tried to cancel my virgin media subscription SO MANY TIMES  now that it sounds like a joke. I called them an infinite amount of times just to get my call dropped. I need actual legal advice on how to stop this since they are adding another £9 to my subscritption and I can't deal with this anymore. I can't stress enough that I called A HUGE AMOUNT OF TIMES so don't tell me to call them at whatever number you have. 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you value your sanity post your cancellation by recorded delivery 

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number.

Perhaps let Ofcom know all about your experience too. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Khaledd thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here regarding your requested cancellation.

We would not intentionally drop the call but we are extremely sorry that this has happened for you, if you have not got this resolved since your post, we'd advise please trying to call us again on 150 / 0345 454 1111, but alternatively we also have a WhatsApp messaging service on +44730 532 7112 too.
We hope this helps and if you need any further support, please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Clarky123
Joining in

I rang twice on Friday to cancel because of the price hike and the fact I don't use the TV or phone anymore, the lady wouldn't just take my "I would like to just cancel please" until I listened to her offers which was £30 more than what I'm getting from my new provider, and after respectfully declining and asking to still just cancel she suddenly started saying she had technical difficulties and hung up on me LOL.

The second lady after telling her that I had already spoke to someone and wasn't interested in any new offers I just want to quit said she would ring back in an hour and that only she should call back and that I shouldn't initiate a new call and should wait for her.........and you guessed it no call came.

So I sent a recorded letter yesterday to cancel, if they still don't after this I'll go further and start compensation claims.       

update

I was lucky enough to be the first one (literally at 8 am) on their whatsapp service and managed to get my disconnection sorted. I even received a confirmation mail. Hopefully you guys will have the same luck I had. 

@Tom_W1 wrote:

Hi @Khaledd thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here regarding your requested cancellation.

We would not intentionally drop the call but we are extremely sorry that this has happened for you, 

…snip

Sorry Tom, but absolute rubbish, yes, your offshore call centre staff ABSOLUTELY DO put the phone down on customers when the call gets a bit tricky or may cost the company some money, don’t they?

There are far, far too many similar reports from different posters for this not to be the case, well unless Virgin Media have the World’s worse and least capable telephony system, which is a bit odd for a supposed ‘communication company’ and as this seems to have been going on for so long without any improvement, we can but conclude that VM’s management are aware of it but can’t be bothered to fix it. Presumably good customer services comes somewhat below resurfacing the executive car park in the pecking order of priorities!

Now, not really expecting a response from you, but which of these two options do you think it can be? Or maybe you can provide a third option which explains the repeated and long running incidents!

In the spirit of being a nice person, you might well want to heed the advice I have offered in the past to other members of the forum team, when parroting the standard VM marketing responses, be very, very careful when putting your head above the parapet, because someone is very, very likely to shoot it off! And if and when that does happen, and you get called out, I’m not too sure how much support your managers will give you!

Hi all, 

It's great to hear that @Khaledd has been able to arrange the cancellation, we are so sorry that this has taken longer than expected but we are glad that you have now arranged it. We're very sorry to see you go but we wish you the best of luck with your new provider. 

@Clarky123 I'm so sorry to hear that you have also faced issues registering a cancellation, if you have sent your letter by recorded mail then you should be alerted when the letter had arrived with us and we will confirm the cancellation. If however the letter has arrived and you have not heard anything we would be happy to check this for you. Are you able to let us know when this has been delivered to our offices?

Thank you.

Hi Ashleigh,

I've just checked and my letter is still with Royal Mail but as soon as it does I'll get in contact with you if I do not receive any confirmation of cancelation.

Thank you for replying.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your update @Clarky123 😊

Please keep us posted and we will do our best to assist from here as much as we can.

Zoie

Hi Forum Team so as you can see I've had to create a new account on here my Letter to cancel was received on the 25.02.23 Feb I got nothing from this so I put a complaint in on 06.03.23. I received an e-mail that my service would be discontinued on the 06.04.23 as a resolution to the complaint.

Since then when I have checked My Virgin Media the only thing to change was my monthly bill showing the price hike, and that my bill date is on the 03.04.23 and the payment date is 19.04.23 now I get I have to pay for the last month but why has the price gone up for the last month, when the hike was supposed to start in April and to add to that when I click on the bill breakdown it shows my package for 12th April-11th May

I have my Royal Mail confirmation that my letter to cancel was received and I have the email from the complaints department that my service would be discontinued.

Can someone please confirm that this contract has ended today!