cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE? CAN'T CANCEL BROADBAND

annieweng75
Just joined

Okay, I know other people have been having this problem and I've looked at some of the solutions and it seems like none of it works. I have tried complaining and I have been on call forever and I've been waiting in the chat for over an hour. To give some context, I am moving house and because Virgin Media is becoming more expensive than ever, I wanted to cancel it. I called them yesterday and told them I wanted to cancel. They started telling me about how I can't cancel because of my contract. However my contract ended a year ago? Like that's not valid.

After lots and lots of waiting, they finally gave in but then said that they were experiencing issues and to call them back tomorrow (which is today)??! Like what is this customer service? And today I have been waiting forever and it's just not working. Someone help please, this should be illegal, to give excuses to customers who just want to have some peace. And with the cost of living crisis it's getting harder than ever, all they want is money.  

2 REPLIES 2

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @annieweng75,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues getting in touch with our team to process your package cancellation.

I do apologise that you're wanting to leave our services and that you've had issues speaking to our team about this. I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).