Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Free upgrades are not free

A few days ago I received a mail from VM informing me that my fibre package had been upgraded to 100Mb.  It also assured me this upgrade was free.

I have two issues with this:

1. I didn't request this upgrade (or any of the previous ones that have happened)

2. It won't be a free upgrade - I can pretty much guarantee in nine months or so my monthly payments will be increased.

I would be more than happy with a lower speed eg 50Mb.  Is it not possible to reduce it to such a level, reduce my montly payments to suit and leave them there?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free upgrades are not free

You’re getting something for nothing and your complaining. There are more important things going on just now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As I think I made clear in my post, I'd be very surprised if it turns out to be something for nothing, it never has been in the past.

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

'I can pretty much guarantee in nine months or so my monthly payments will be increased'

the yearly increase you mean, that we all have. usually around october/november time.

at least you aren't with sky, have you seen they have just increased their prices.... poor timing on their part.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spot on, absolutely correct dingbat4007

0 Kudos