Menu
semiquaver
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Final Bill Problem

Good morning.

I recently moved and had to end my VM service arrangement. I spent two and a half tortuous hours on the phone trying to close my account  and eventually reached someone who was able to do this. They informed me that I would receive a cheque for about thirty pounds. I was, therefore, surprised to subsequently receive a bill asking me to pay £26.33.

I phoned VM again (and again) a week ago to resolve this. I was offered multiple explanations, some contradictory, but at the end of it I was assured that some cancellation charges would be removed and I would end up a receiving a somewhat smaller payment. In addition, I would receive a new bill reflecting this in 7 days time.

At this point I had been on the phone with VM for four and half hours. I had spoken to numerous different people there.

7 days elapsed and (surprise, surprise!) no revised close of account bill appeared in my inbox. So I phoned VM again. After about 25 minutes I reached someone who subsequently went silent for another 25 minutes or so and then the call was terminated. 

Five hours and twenty minutes of phoning VM and still no end to this. I feel that I’m more or less at the limits of what can be done on the phone and that’s why I’m posting here.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
semiquaver
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final Bill Problem

I phoned up yet again end of last week and spoke to someone else. They informed me I did need to pay £26.33 and, therefore, 3 CS agents that had told me previously I did not have to pay it were wrong. I was a bit sceptical about this. How could I be sure that all the previous people were wrong rather than just this last person being wrong?

However, I was offered a £20 credit, which I agreed to accept. Due to a problem with the computer system this wouldn’t be applied immediately. A time of 24 hours was mentioned. Concerned that I did not have this in writing, I asked for an email confirmation of the credit, but the email I received contained no confirmation, only information on, e.g., how to download an app.

I waited 24 hours and there was nothing to indicate that anything had been done. The previous bill had seemingly not been amended. I phoned up again on Saturday and was told that there was a note saying action was required and it was waiting for a manager’s attention. So I waited another 48 hours and, again, no indication of any action. I was supposed to have been contacted by now, but that hasn’t happened.

I can’t help but wonder why this is proving so difficult to resolve. 

0 Kudos
semiquaver
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So here I am again in the somewhat forlorn hope that someone might reply in this thread.

After being provided with incorrect information on 7 previous occasions it would appear that some progress has been made: a credit of £20 has apparently been applied to my account. However, I only have the word of the customer service agent that this is the case. I have nothing in writing, despite having been promised that I would get an email about this credit.

The bill due date has now expired. I would like to have paid the bill online but this wretched company cannot somehow manage to produce a corrected bill that I can pay. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi semiquaver, thanks for posting on our community forums.

Really sorry to hear about the recent issues with your bill and credits being applied. If you were advised you would get an email to confirm the credit of £20 has gone on to your account this should have been followed up, so we can only apologise this has not happened.

Unfortunately once a bill has been produced we will not send an amended bill with the correct amount, this is not something we can provide. We can only advise you of the correct amount to pay minus the credit owed.

If you would like us to check the £20 credit has been added to your account we can do this from here for you.

Please let me know if this is something you would like us to check and we can pop you a private message to take you details.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
semiquaver
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying.

A little earlier I paid the £6.33 I was told was outstanding after application of the credit amount.

Quick Pay Receipt No: 480405203191241823

What I would really appreciate is confirmation that there is nothing more to pay. My concern is that the bill I have is for £26.33 (i.e., without the £20 credit applied), so I have no way of proving that I paid off the full outstanding amount when I paid the £6.33.

If you could confirm that there is nothing further to pay now, I’d appreciate it.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us semiquaver,

We can certainly check your account to make sure the £20 credit has been applied for you. I will pop you over a private message to take some details for you.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi 

0 Kudos
semiquaver
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just a short message to say that I PM’d a reply to you yesterday. I might mention in passing that the message composition area is displayed strangely, so it’s a bit tricky to use (cursor not in the box etc.):

8EC23F7D-B31D-4463-937B-740E50DF34DC.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Semiquaver, for messaging with us, I am glad we were able to make this clear as to what has happened with your bill

Zoiw

0 Kudos
semiquaver
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This appears to have been finally settled. 

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear 🙂

Thank you for using our forums 
Zoie

0 Kudos