Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

End of Contract

Hi,

Been trying to talk to someone at Virgin about leaving and exploring the option of retention deals. Have called twice and was told I'd receive a message on my mobile phone regarding retention deals but no message has been received, have checked that Virgin have the right number on file. The person I spoke to on the phone said that a "web team" could perhaps offer a better deal or longer contract term at better rates but I can't seem to access this team! She said that "phone team" could only offer a modest discount with 12 months contract.

Really getting quite frustrated with Virgin Customer Service here.

Regards

Siva

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: End of Contract

offiver change at any time. If what they offer is not what you are looking for you can give you 30 days notice to cancel.

you MAY or may not get a call from the retention team making you a offer but if they do its a one time offer so you can't be offered it again if you do not accept

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi nicandsiva,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for any confusion here. Please do call the team over the weekend on 150 // 03454541111 options 1, 4 & 5 and we can check the account to make sure you're on the best deal

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes i was left more confused than ive ever been after a recent call is there web help as a bot just pointed me to someone will call me

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi boydy71,

Relating package changes you will need to call the team on the above number and they can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

oh i did very confusing that was

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yup that's exactly the experience I've had. Called Virgin twice, spoke to the same person. Two different quotes given, said that I would receive a text message, checked that she had the right number and still nothing! Then was told that the web team could do different deals as she was part of the phone team and prices were higher. When asked how I could access this, she said go online to the Virgin Media website...which I did and encountered a bot chat that pointed me back to the same number!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for replying. That's exactly what I did..twice!! Spoke to the same person I reckon as well. Two different renewal quotes given and was told that I would simply need to wait for a text message to activate the deals. No text message was received, even checked that she had the right number. During discussion, I pointed out that I would consider signing a longer contract if a lower price could be offered, she said that the maximum contract length was 12 months. Pointed out that the Virgin Media website has 18 month contracts to which she said that as part of the "phone team" she could only do 12 months. I asked to speak to someone else and she said try the "web team". Can't access this web team! Would appreciate any assistance. It's so frustrating. Never had such problems with Sky! Quite tempted to go back!

Cheers

Siva

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry for any confusion here. The website offers are only for 12 months also, not 18. 

You will need to call the number above, over the weekend to discuss the account and prices.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, I'll try again over the weekend.

Cheers

Siva

0 Kudos