cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Fee

chuukvm2
Tuning in

Hello, I am currently using a Broadband only package with Virgin Media with 18 months contract (until Oct 2023).

However, I am going to move to a new address that Virgin Media could not covered (checked by the online coverage checker).

I am wondering if there are any early termination fee incurred provided that I give 30-days in advance notification as I saw articles and news mentioned that Virgin Media had cancelled the early termination fee if the new address was proofed to be not covered by them.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

@chuukvm2 wrote:

Hello, I am currently using a Broadband only package with Virgin Media with 18 months contract (until Oct 2023).

However, I am going to move to a new address that Virgin Media could not covered (checked by the online coverage checker).

I am wondering if there are any early termination fee incurred provided that I give 30-days in advance notification as I saw articles and news mentioned that Virgin Media had cancelled the early termination fee if the new address was proofed to be not covered by them.

Thank you!

That is correct, VM will need proof of your new address so they can verify that it isn't serviceable, unfortunately this probably means that you need to pay any early termination fees, move, set up bank statements, council tax statements etc. for the new address so that you have the required proof to send them - and only then will they refund the fees.

Not sure what kind of documents do VM need for the proof of address as cannot find in the terms and conditions. Though I had corresponding mortgage offer letter showing the address.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chuukvm2 

The accepted documents showing your new address are :-

bank statement, driving licence, insurance policy, mortgage information, rental agreement or utility bill

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You’ll find an answer in this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Email-Proof-of-address-change/m-p/5...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey chuukvm2, thank you for reaching out with your question today.

As mentioned above these are the type of documents we would accept.

If you need any more questions answering please let me know and I would be happy to answer them. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?