Menu
Biggdrew80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading Package

Does anyone have a way of getting someone to downgrade my package? the number is never answered (waited hours at times whilst at work), webchat never available and the text service just replies back how can they help over and over again with the chatbot. The website is a nightmare and just takes you round in circles, it surely cant be this difficult to downgrade.

I want to remove a trial of sky sports i had which expires soon and its impossible to do this, i dont understand why it cant just be done online when the customer service is this bad. 

any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading Package

Hi Biggdrew80,

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Biggdrew80
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for coming back to me. I have sent several messages to the text service and every day, i get the same auto response asking what my query is. I am fed up logging it over and over again and going through security for it to do this next day. I have called the usual number and sit on hold for almost an hour and webchat doesnt work.

I totally get you cannot change the package on here, i am looking for someone to speak to as it seems Virgin go out their way to avoid anyone who dare wants to downgrade the service.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Biggdrew80

Sorry to hear this 

As a rule we are unable to assist or action any package changers here

This will need to be done by calling us 0345 454 1111 or 

Just send us a text* with a description of your problem to 07533 051809
 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. 
Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos