Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Do Virgin still want their customers?

My contract is due for a renewal and Virgin want to increase my payments by £30 a month despite the facts that:

a.) we have had intermittent broadband problems which have gone on for so long, that they prompt calls on the subject by telling you that the they know about it when you call

b.) there are no sports for the sports channel. 

Now we are looking to switch. My wife wants to take over the account and just keep the broadband. I am prefering Sky.

Is it any wonder people just move? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do Virgin still want their customers?

Hi

i may be able to assist you. 

can you private message me some details 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

VM have taken decision (you can read it in corporate results announcements) that they intend to focus on "raising revenue per user", which means that they're telling customers that they aren't getting any discount, or at best a token one that's not worth being locked in for twelve months (in my view).  They are quite happy with customers leaving - last quarter they admitted that they'd lost 20,000 customers over the last year.  20,000 customers out of 5.3m is totally insignificant....except that during the same time they extended their network to pass an additional 497,600 properties.  Assuming the new network brought in 25% of the potential, then they gained about 120k new customers from signficant outlay on network extension (£350-450m), and lost 141k existing customers.  That's vastly over-simplifying the picture, but what it shows is that VM don't give a stuff about customer loyalty - senior management think we should all pay the expensive headline rate, or find another ISP.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Don't listen to a word that's been said above, only 2 weeks ago when my contract had entered into it's final month I telephoned retentions, they gave me a new contract which included a 3rd V6 Box, a increase from 200 mbps to 350 mpbs, an extra £6 off my Bill from my previous contract subscription, so just to make it clear I was previously paying £102 for 200 mbps, 2 x V6 Box and 1 Tivo Box, Full HD Movies, Full HD Sky Sports, UHD/HD BT Sports and all the usual Channels incorporated in the VIP Bundle, Unlimited Land-line Phone Calls, now I'm paying £96 for 350 mbps, 3 x V6 Box, and everything else I've stated above, my bill should be £140.50p per month so I'm making a saving of £45.50p per month, so there are with out doubt deals out there, just make sure you are talking to retentions. 

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

And just to add I'm also getting £27 off my monthly bill of £96 at the moment because of the Sky Sports Situation where Virgin have allowed subscribers to pause payments. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Having recently re-contracted, I believe you don’t retain your Sky pause discount.

@TobyTyler77 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That's not correct, I've already got my forecast bill for the time after my new contract and it's below £70, I've just checked it's £63.41p with extra credit because I was 7 days into my next month. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure that credit wasn’t applied before you re-contracted?

If so, you may not get one next month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Positive, the retentions agent also confirmed the pausing of Sky Sports payments will be continued onto the new contract, this month's bill which is coming out on the 12th May is £75, next month's bill £63.41p like I've stated is even less which has been confirmed by email. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_c....... here's proof from my online account as you can see the credit has been applied. Screenshot_20200512_143340.jpg

0 Kudos