cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection not put through

TresFrustre
Up to speed

I arranged for all Virgin Media services (phone, broadband & TV) to be disconnected on 20th February 2022. As of 1:15 pm on 21st February all services are still running.  Please would a member of the VM Forum Team look into this. Lee_R of the team kindly offered to diarise this for me.

12 REPLIES 12

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TresFrustre,

Sorry you're having to chase this, so I can take a closer look I'll need a few details from you so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Apparently, it's something to do with the landline number port to BT. This delays the actual disconnection by a few days but the disconnection date for billing purposes will be 'put back' to the agreed date. Well, that's how I understand it from Alex_RM. Let's see.

An update.

Virgin telephone line now dead at 6:50 this evening (24/2/22).  

Broadband wifi still showing a signal on computer and lights flashing on router. Don't know whether TV service remains connected as I disconnected the box on 21st Feb.

Disconnection date was supposed to be 20th February. 

Hi @TresFustre, thanks for your post here.

I'm pleased we've processed the disconnection for you now, we appreciate the update.

If you need any further questions relating to your account, please feel free to continue talking to the previous colleague you were discussing via PM with, as they'll be able to provide you more specific answers than we can over this public thread.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Unfortunately, whilst the landline has been disconnected the broadband and TV haven't.

As I said in my last post the router lights are flashing and the wifi is registering as an available connection on my computer.

I've stopped using the Virgin Media broadband as I'm now with BT and I've disconnected the Virgin Media TV box.

The sole reason for leaving the broadband connected my end is to see if a disconnection has been put through.

I've just checked in My Virgin Media and the service change receipt which formerly showed "pending" is now showing "accepted". The service change receipt shows continuation for broadband and TV.

It's pretty clear to me that despite assurances from Forum Team members in private messages my broadband and TV services have not been cancelled as requested. 

Update 1am Saturday 26th February 2022

Broadband router definitely connected & TV box, unplugged, is presumably still connected.

I'm giving this one more day as the period for the last bill I've paid for services ends on 27th February.

After that the router will be unplugged. 

Obviously, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I simply don't understand why 6 days after the agreed disconnection date of 20th February the phone line has gone but not the broadband & TV.

Hmm - think I know what's going on here.
Thanks to Alex_RM for the clue.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TresFrustre

Thanks for getting back to us. I have checked our systems and can see that the disconnection for your TV and broadband services went ahead today 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

Update: Sunday 27th February 5:45 am

My Virgin Media account 'sort of' closed yesterday as advised by Serena_C. By 'sort of' I mean the access to service details, past bills, previous contract changes has gone.

Broadband superhub lights still flashing. Most of the time since Serena's notification Virgin wifi continues to show as an available connection but on the odd occasion when I've checked it has disappeared but then reappears. Strange.