Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disappointing Customer Service

I wish to make Virgin Media and their customers aware of a disappointing experience that I had recently with Virgin overseas customer service. My last bill increased by £3.50 and I incurred a phone charge of 44p. As I wished to find out what the extra charges related to, I contacted customer services and was told that the 44p was for a call to a mobile and that the £3.50 was an increase to my monthly package charge. I had not seen the email informing me of the additional charge, so I was unaware of it. However, the reason for my disappointment is not the incurred charges, which were correct, but the fact that the customer service representative promised that both the 44p charge and the £3.50 increase would be removed from my bill, which I was not expecting. Having received my latest bill, I was disappointed to see that no reduction had been made. Now I do not expect valid charges to be removed, but I do expect promises to be kept. So I suggest that customer service representatives are reminded that it is important not to be dishonest with customers, and to not make promises that they cannot keep, in order to appease the customers. This reflects badly on Virgin Media and tarnishes their reputation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointing Customer Service

Hi Kevro, 

Thanks for messaging us. 

This is not the experience we want you to have with us. 

The may not have adjusted the pending payment. 

This may be taking affect next month 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris_W1,

I have just received my latest Virgin Media bill, and the charges are £62. Therefore my original comments are validated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Kevro and sorry to hear of the confusion with your bills.

Our annual price increase would have been notified to all customers affected through email at least a month before it was applied to the account, as this is the case this charge would stand.

Are you aware if the agent you spoke to offered the 3.50 and .44 credit off of the one bill in question as a good-will gesture? 

If this is the case I'd be happy to look into the account and add this if noted on here. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your reply, but to be honest because of the small amount of money involved, and having expressed my feelings about the incident, I am not concerned about following this up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know kevro. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos