cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Unexpected Set Up

roger22109
Joining in

Hi,

I have just bought the virgin media broadband deal, but the VM team had to delay the installation and offered me a wifi hub(which I am assuming a modem with VM mobile in it). I have had my direct debit set up for my broadband but I just received an email from my bank saying that a new direct debit is set up to Virgin Media Telecoms. Now I have two direct debits set up. I was reassured that the "compensation" of receiving the wifi hub was free of charge. Could someone help please?

Kind regards,

Thar

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Thar, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear that a second Direct Debit has been set up. 

There are occasions where we can offer a dongle to help bridge the gap if you have no other service while you're waiting for pre-install work to be completed. These re usually set up as any other Virgin Mobile SIM so this could be why the Direct Debit has been set up. 

We're unable to check this further from here however you can speak to the pre-installation team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 1 again and they will be able to ensure all has been set up correctly for you. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

I just called the pre-installation team on the number you provided and was told that what you mentioned was the case here. Due to my concern. I deleted the 2nd direct debit yesterday which may or may not have led the team member on the call claim there is only one direct debit set up, for the broadband only. In any case, I hope there is not anymore occurence of such set ups.

Roger

Hi @roger22109, thanks for getting back to us.

Just so I can offer you reassurance, I am going to send you a private message. This is so we can confirm some details, take a look at your account and confirm in writing, what's happening.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R