Menu
JackC96
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Difficulty Cancelling

Hi there,

I would like to cancel my virgin media contract as it ends. Due to the circumstances when being set up, the contract had to be written up as an 18 month contact. But as youll see from previous communications / private messages to my account it was actually a 12 month contract.

Please could you action a cancellation request so that as the 12 month contract term ends so does the service and my payments. I would do this via the phone but unfortunately due to the circumstances when setting up this is proving difficult. As I mentioned if you can access the messages that the Virgin community staff previously sent me you would see the agreed contract and following message "It will indeed and also go off what we've said here. Please ignore the paperwork you receive in a few days as that'll say 18 months".

Would really appreciate any help.

Kind Regards

Jack Carey

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Difficulty Cancelling

Hi JackC96,

I can understand your reluctance to call and cancel due to incorrect information being stated on your contract.

Unfortunately though the Forum Team don't have access to the systems to cancel your contract.

You can either write in and explain the situation, or telephone and explain it to the team.

As you say, the notes explaining the contract length are annotated to your account, so there shouldn't be any problems

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
JackC96
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Difficulty Cancelling

Hi there,

I have spent over two hours on the phone this morning constantly being transferred between teams and then being cut off after spending half an hour on hold. 

It has therefore been IMPOSSIBLE to cancel my contract via the telephone numbers provided. 

I have no other option than to come back to this forum.

Please cancel my contract. I know you have said the forum team doesnt have access but seriously what else can I do? Three times this morning I have waited on hold for half an hour, to be transferred, to wait another half hour on hold and then to be cut off. 

This customer service is beyond a disgrace. I have had nothing but issues since signing up with Virgin media. 

PLEASE CANCEL MY CONTRACT. I AM WITHIN THE 60 DAY PERIOD SO PLEASE JUST GET IT DONE.

Disgraceful.

0 Kudos