cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Removal

kc1976_29
Tuning in

I was a Virgin Customer for over nine years, never missing a payment, and taking my account with me when I moved in 2012.

We moved again in June 2021 and I tried to take my broadband with me but was told there was no Virgin in the area I was moving to. I tried to close the account but I was told I could not by one of your advisors. The advisor informed me that if I gave the new residents the necessary information they could transfer the account. I contacted the new home owners and the only follow-up correspondence I had from Virgin was to request a collection of my modem (from my new address) which I returned.

I was made aware of a default on my credit file last week and after downloading Clearscore I have been shocked to find the default on my profile of £250! I do not believe I am responsible for this, nor should I be subjected to a default being added to my account. Have contacted Citizens Advice who told me to contact Virgin but I am unable to get through to anyone over the phone as I no longer have an account number. Keen to resolve this matter so if someone could contact me on here, I would appreciate it.

12 REPLIES 12

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @kc1976_29 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums.

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues. I'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you. 

I'll pop a PM across so we can investigate, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.

kc1976_29_0-1674472046405.png

After several failed attempts to retrieve my account via the chat service I have now received this letter from a debt recovery service. I have no voicemail messages so not sure about 'several attempts to contact me'.

Can anyone help on this please?

kc1976_29
Tuning in
I have exactly the same issue and after raising this on here two weeks ago in an attempt to resolve the matter I have now received a debt collection letter via email.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kc1976_29,

Thank  you for your updates on the thread. 

I can see my colleague has replied to your private message so we will continue to assist you further from there. 

Thanks,

Nat

Update on this.

Spoke to a great member of the customer service team at Virgin on 23 January who completed a Deadlock form over the phone which was submitted to the relevant department. He reassured me that this would be resolved within 10 working days and I would receive confirmation in the post of what had been submitted.

Now a month on and I still haven't received any notification. When I have contacted Virgin I have been told repeatedly that it is still being processed but in the intervening time I have been told by a debt collection company, who Virgin it now turns out have sold this debt on to, without informing me, are getting quite aggressive.

Spent half an hour on the phone to Virgin again this morning but the agent said there was no record of my account on their system yet then proceeded to ask me questions about my account, which has not been active for over 20 months!

Can someone on here please help. Very stressful situation and still have had no written correspondence from Virgin.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kc1976_29

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with this. I can see you are in PM with a member of our forums and they will be able to assist you further with this.

Zoie

Another update.

Finally received some correspondence (of sorts) from Virgin Media today. They have sent the update letter to my previous address, despite them apparently having my new address, as this was given to them when I moved as they informed me that they would be unable to transfer my service to my new address as Virgin Media was not available at that postcode.

So, they have obviously been sending all correspondence to the address that I had told them I was no longer living at.

The mystery continues. Have passed details onto my legal adviser and will now look into the next move.

Thank you for the update @kc1976_29 

I can see you are currently in private messages with my colleague who will do their best to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs