Menu
LisaJSN
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cut off in Error Xmas Day, still no broadband!

Hi, 

Does anyone know realistically how long a reconnection should take? I was told 48 hours by two separate individuals and since then I’ve been told 72 hours. 

We were cut off around Midnight on Xmas Eve which according to Virgin was a request by me on that day. Firstly, I definitely did not request this, secondly even if I had, don’t I have to give 30 days notice? After speaking to several different people all they can tell me is that it was ‘automatic’ and not that I’d done it by telephone. Clearly this is an error by Virgin. 

Either way, after spending a fair bit of time on Christmas Day trying to sort this via text as their phone lines were closed I was told a reconnection form had been sent off and services should resume in 48 hours, it’s now been closer to 80 and still no connection. When I log into my online account it says I’m no longer with Virgin. 

Not to be one of those people but this has really ruined the Xmas break for my children who had received money for their favourite games, all of which they need to be online for. We’ve used all of our Data Allowances on our Mobile Phones and are having to buy extra and that’s with us barely using it. 

No one I’ve spoken to (bar one Scottish lady) seems to care or wants to help even though this was an error on virgins part and nothing we’ve done. 

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cut off in Error Xmas Day, still no broadband!

Problem is it’s the festive period, lined with bank holidays and all sorts. Probably just going to have to wait a bit even though it wasn’t your fault.

0 Kudos
LisaJSN
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I understand that but why can’t they just say that themselves? If they tell me Wednesday  then at least I’d know rather than constantly checking. It seems to be getting extended every time I speak to them. 
I don’t think honesty is too much to ask? 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LisaJSN

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of what's happened. 

Upon checking the system today, I can see the account is all reconnected for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos