cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score showing default

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just found out my credit score and found I have a default on an old virgin account.  This account was closed in 2018. I have not received anything in writing confirming this. I have no account number or anything to hand. I am deaf so cannot hear on the phone.  I will pay this if I owe the amount willingly.  I was actually wanting to come back to virgin.  I also have other disabilities which make it difficult to understand certain things 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, just by means of advice on terminology if you're dealing with credit searches etc - you don't have a credit score so much as a credit file. Lenders that you apply to, will score you "internally" based on information in your file.

Others maybe able to advise on the process for paying an outstanding debt, but if you want to query entries on your credit file that you believe are inaccurate, then you need to contact VM's credit team with any & all relevant details, the entries that you believe are incorrect and reasons why.

They should respond within 28days.

Their details are...

Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ
Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue!

Thank you to @japitts for providing you with some excellent contact details to our Credits team!

I can understand how frustrating this process and situation can be, so please let us know if you're happy to pursue this via email as previously advised, or if you'd like me to look into this for you?

I will be more than happy to look into this issue for you. I will send you a Private Message so we can discuss this issue further.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. 

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your confirming your details over Private Message. 

I'm glad that we were able to look over this issue together. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with and keep us updated on how you get on.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs