Menu
tomhamer100
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit file amendment

Hi Virgin team, 

I'm really getting desperate for some help from Virgin having explored a number of avenues. I am desperately trying to solve this quickly as I am at risk of losing a mortgage application and my house.

The really abridged version to my issue is that in November Virgin added a default to my credit file due to a charge on my account. I only found out two weeks ago and through the complaints procedure have managed to get this removed now so there is no balance on my account - see evidence below. Please note , I didnt pay, Virgin have acknowledged the mistake.

I now need the credit file amendment team to remove the default (not settle, as it is Virgins fault). I originally emailed this team on the 31st March, so nearly 14 days ago, with no response yet.

I am losing confidence that Virgin will solve this quickly and so am hoping that someone in your team can send me an email from Virgin which explains the following;

"The customer would like a non-template email which explains that the credit default is being removed. This is very important to the customer as the credit default is currently blocking him from getting a mortgage. Please can someone send an email explaining that the default will be removed in XX days by the credit file team"

No one in the call centres can help with me this, and the credit file team are very unresponsive. Is there anything your team can do to send me this email so I can show the banks that this is in progress with Virgin and a matter of process, not a default on my name?

Please can someone reach out to me privately and I will provide account details to discuss. 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit file amendment

Hi @tomhamer100,

Welcome back to our Community Forum! Thank you so much for your post, we really appreciate it.

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this issue. I can understand that any credit issues and faults can be very stressful.

I have been able to locate your account on our system and I can see that you were in touch to discuss this with a team member today. 

Our Credit File Amendment team will be looking into this issue to have this resolved. Please be aware that it can take up to 28 days for the change to be reflected back on your credit file.

Please let us know if there's anything else you may need help with. 

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tomhamer100
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulina,

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

Appreciate I had spoken to someone today, however they weren't able to help me solve for the specific issue I've got.

What I am currently requesting is a confirmation in writing to my email address which explains what you have outlined below, that this will be removed but there is a process which is currently being followed with SLA of 28 days.

I am in very real danger of losing a house I have under offer as I cannot prove to a mortgage provider that this credit default is being removed. As you will see from my case notes, the Virgin disputes resolution team have agreed my complaint should be upheld and my account credit has been restored.

The team in the call centre say they are unable to send external email. Is there anyone in your team who can send a short email which I can use to show the banks that whilst there is a default on my report, it will shortly be removed by Virgin.

Thanks,
Tom

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tomhamer100,

Thank you for getting back to us and explaining your situation in a little more detail. 

In order to discuss this with your further, I will need to send you a Private Message.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your forum page and I will be in touch soon.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos