Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Contract expires

Hi there, my first post

just a few questions cos my contract expires on July 10th ive got.............

bb 200mb/phone/maxit tv @£73 per month

1. my contract states 2 dates 10 July when i renwed last year and 10 Sept 2019 when upped my bb speed .....which date do i renew

2. if i do nothing do i automatically move to  a monthly rolling contract which allows a bit more freedom on my account than a 12 month one

3. it says in the small print the price will go up to £86 from July 10

just to check this  (i am being devils advocate here) i rang  VM and got through quickly on 2 occasions this week under the current issues

so the cost i was told the first time i  rang  was my package price would not go up it would stay same ......the 2nd time i rang i was told my price would be £91 ..... Confused dot com

i`m not slagging VM off they way i see it it ,you pay your money and take your choice and i never have had a serious technical issue with VM just acoount niggles and minor tech issue which were sorted quickish

so can some answer the questions because on the phone it does seem a bit as though im going round in circles . which i understand cos its business to confuse people

sorry to go on

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract expires

Normally VM treat any contract variation as a new contract running for six months, and if you changed your speed (i.e. at your request) then that would normally mean your contract and price will run until 10 September 2020.  Some customers have reported they've changed speed or bundle without a new fixed term, but that seems to be very unusual.

But if you log in to My Virgin Media you should be able to see your contract details, including current price, start date of most recent contract, length of any lock in, and (current) price for your bundle when the fixed term contract expires.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Normally VM treat any contract variation as a new contract running for six months

Oops.  That should read "twelve months" but hopefully that was obvious from the rest of the post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply .........i did wonder , 12 month seems right.... just got to decide if i`m gonna drop the tv and just keep bb and phone so its all about the price i`m paying £63 at the moment with the bt sport reduction normal would be £73 on my contract it says incresing to £86 (just for info i does say July 10th) but i was told on the phone it would go up to £91 !!!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

just to check cos ive heard various tales about this

when my contract expires and if  it automatically renews does the whole package tv/bb/phone move to a rolling monthly contract or just certain parts of it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the package moves to a 30 day contract

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Package prices + or - discount

OK

My situation got me thinking

i am on maxit tv /200mb BB / Phone for £73 (which it say on my contract £18 discount)

so the gentleman i spoke to said my package would be £91 (but on my contract it say going up to £86)

A lady i spoke to a few day prior said if i reduce from the maxit tv down to the tv pack one step lower it would only drop £4 down to £69 fron £73

BUT if my price goes up to £86 or £91 i might aswell have the lower tv pack

i work shifts so catch up is ok for me or recording stuff and as regards sports well that needs a crystal ball to know whats happening with it or it on terrestrial tv

Cheers E

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package prices + or - discount

Hello eltten60

Sorry you have had to ask us this question 

To be honest its equally as confusing as to what it is you are asking 

Can you please explain what it is that you wish to do 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Efficient

Well, i rang about 30mins ago to cancel my tv package and just stay with bb/phone i explained that when my package was due for renewal  i(n 6 weeks) i would be indisposed !!! and it been sorted today

Gonna stay with bb 200mb /phone ,just hope everything happens at is should now ,my wait after pressing option 4 was only 5mins

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Efficient

Well after a household debate we changed our minds got onto chat got a another package email sent to me all good im a lucky man

0 Kudos