Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Contract ending

My welcome offer ends on 8.April from £79 and virgin want to put up to £133. As this us unacceptable, I would like to end my contract with you on that date and then start a new welcome contract in the name of Mr Raymond Moore at the price of £79.  Can u please tell me whether this is possible as would rather not leave but will not pay £133. I hope this is.possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract ending

This increase is well documented, both in your contract and every bill you have received.

You can’t simply cancel this contract and immediately start a new contract as a new customer.

Your only option is to cancel this current contract, giving 30 days notice, or to negotiate a reduced price in return for a new minimum period with Virgin Media but you will not get anything close to the same services for as little as £79.

I suggest, given you are unlikely to get an installation from a new supplier at the moment, that you take the latter option unless you can manage without a phone line and broadband and accept Freeview as your TV option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The contract is in my name and planning to cancel and my husband take out the new contract. Why can this not be done. We were.told we would be able to do this in a prior conversation when taking out initial contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Husband and wife. Don’t you think everyone would do that to secure a cheap price all the time?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So u don't actually work for Virgin media?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That’s clearly stated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Let’s examine what would happen if you cancel.

Give 30 days notice.

Return equipment.

Sign up for a new contract (as a returning customer) unless you wait at least three months.

Sorry, Virgin Media can’t install you at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can i just say your attitude stinks, and your threatening remarks ar appalling and confrontational and at no time professional or helpful. I will call them directly and stay on the phone for however long it takes  receive a professional and sensible person who can actually help rather than antagonize.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I, as clearly stated, am not a Virgin Media employee.

All I have said is my own opinion.

Personally, I think it unacceptable that you, having received a very generous discount as a welcome to Virgin Media, want the same again, don’t want to pay a higher price and think it OK for the same household to consider themselves a new customer for ever.

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can't see any threatening or confrontational statements to be honest.

To the point yes, but the forum volunteers are trying to help a lot more people than normal due to the current situation.